Gig Report: Rounds Two at the Madison Theater

Kerouac

weird musical dildo
Last night was the big show and we played very well. After we finished playing we had probably two dozen people com talk to us, including a manager (meh), a local indie radio rep (yay?) and a coffeehouse owner offering us a gig.

The bad news? We didn't make it thorough. With the exception of one other band, everyone else was in high school and they brought out a lot of people. We drew about 13, same as last time, and we did get several lower tier votes from the high school kids, but we just couldn't compete with the numbers. One band (that sounded like a surprisingly good blend of Blink-182 and older Green Day) brought out about 30 kids, plus their parents and "groupies." I guess I finally get what sucks about gigging when you're older... Fans have responsibilities to work and family and even if they want to come out, sometimes they just can't.

On a more positive note, we tapped an aux send off the board and recorded the show. I haven't listened to it yet, but I may post it in the next few days!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congratulations anyway Andy!

So you didn't defeat the Clearasil crowd...so what...you got up there and played, didn't compromise yourselves, got some exposure and made some connections...GOOD FOR YOU!:thu:

I'm proud of you man..

Sent from where I am now...

kids suck
I;d rather see you play than some punk ba...wait... :wink:

lookin' forward to hearing the recording :)

That is one of my problems with competitions; it is too often about numbers and not about talent. That said, you guys did well for your selves bringing something different to the table, and you got some exposure and some good gigging experience while doing what you want to do. That makes you winners in my book. :thu:

Same promoters contacted me today and told me about a second band challenge, this one on the West Side of town that's 21+ and has bigger cash prizes. We're entering it, so if you guys wouldn't mind giving us a few more likes, that would be pretty awesome. :) We have some new music on the way a well.

https://www.facebook.com/kickingupcinders?ref=stream

Back