Not or Not: EVH Edition

Oh, I'm not a little guy, who you say these are built for. Actually, I'm on the larger end of the scale (unfortunately not in height). Here's me with my Peavey. I don't think it looks awkwardly small.

meandwolfie.jpg

It looks small. Either that or you have a glandular problem.

There's a lot I like about it: Jazz Bass knobs and a non-recessed Floyd, for starters.

I'm guessing it's a 1 5/8" nut width?

It also has a small thin neck. For some reason I remember the Peavey version having a bigger chunkier neck. Sir Edward is a little guy so of course he would have a guitar that fits his body. The old Steve Morse guitar was the same way. Perhaps "Ergonomic" is a better term.

It is my belief that you could get use to anything if that's all you had.

I think that notion applies to big hands but not small ones. No amount of desperation will allow a small woman to get used to the monster necks on a double bass or a old classical guitars.

I think that notion applies to big hands but not small ones. No amount of desperation will allow a small woman to get used to the monster necks on a double bass or a old classical guitars.

When my men and I were captured and held at the Hanoi Hilton, all we had were guitars with gigantic necks. We were grateful for those gigantic necks because that's all we had. We got use to them. It's what we had.

Reactions: Tig
It also has a small thin neck. For some reason I remember the Peavey version having a bigger chunkier neck. Sir Edward is a little guy so of course he would have a guitar that fits his body. The old Steve Morse guitar was the same way. Perhaps "Ergonomic" is a better term.

I think part of that thinness to the neck is that the Fender Wolfies got vintage frets. The new MIM Specials and MII Standards now have jumbo frets, like the Peavey. We'll see how they compare.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Give me one with a solid color top (not a fan of quilt) an give me a Wilkinson or hardtail instead of the Floyd, and I love it.

Reactions: Tig
Give me one with a solid color top (not a fan of quilt) an give me a Wilkinson or hardtail instead of the Floyd, and I love it.
Part number 5107000503.

There are plenty of petite women that can a do play classical guitar and a few that play upright bass without a problem. The instrument is the instrument and if you want to play it you adapt.

I think non-classical guitarists are more picky/less adaptable than other musicians. Not that they can't actually accommodate different guitars, but once many guitarists find something they like they become less interested in playing differently configured instruments.

There are plenty of petite women that can a do play classical guitar and a few that play upright bass without a problem. The instrument is the instrument and if you want to play it you adapt.

I think non-classical guitarists are more picky/less adaptable than other musicians. Not that they can't actually accommodate different guitars, but once many guitarists find something they like they become less interested in playing differently configured instruments.
My problem is usually that ultra thin necks give me hand cramps. I don't have large hands, either.

My problem is usually that ultra thin necks give me hand cramps. I don't have large hands, either.

I can relate. I can't speak to the size of my hands, but I find that I do better with wider necks as my finger tips are stout and I end up muting strings with narrower string spacing. Obviously it becomes less of problem as I travel up the neck, but in the first through third position I have to be careful when I want notes to ring out. Front to back thickness isn't much of an issue, but nut width and string spacing can catch me up a bit.

Back