spaghetti and blankets
12c2f593e902b8db6cf63cb81ccf78b2x.jpg

Mini
Dodge
Land Rover
Jeep
...no surprises there.

Hyundai?

Somehow Land Rover managed to not be the absolute worse. Go Land Rover.

I was behind a soccer mom in a LR with 30 day tags, all I could think was enjoy it now because soon you will loath that truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I call shenanigans on Lexus being THAT much better than Toyota. Lexuses (Lexi?) are all badge engineered Toyotas.

Admittedly same thing with Lincoln and Ford. I'm a Ford guy through and through and Lincolns are essentially the same cars with nicer leather. They use the same platforms and the same parts. The damn Panther platform was used for the Town Car from '81 to 2011, just like the Crown Vic.

My brother's a mechanic and runs a shop... I'll have to ask him what he thinks of this. However, he owns a Crysler Town & Country and a Dodge Charger in addition to his '04 Mustang Mach I (but I don't count that since he bought it sans engine, so it doesn't fall within the parameters of factory reliability).

I've owned (or currently own) Lexus, Cadillac, BMW, Porsche, Honda, Toyota, Ford, Audi, Kia, Chrysler, VW, Jeep, and Dodge.

I would agree with that list except in my experience Kia wold be above the line... probably a few more issues than Toyota but one of the more reliable models we owned (Sedona van)....

... and I don't get that Cadillac number AT ALL. The one I owned (STS) would be further down the list than MINI if I could put it there. There wasn't ONE piece of electronic gear that didn't give me fits or fail completely. Fan motor, electronic temperature control, windows, intermittent heated seats... hell, if I would drive it too hard the "intelligent" suspension would freak out and when I would pull in to my driveway to park it would JACK UP THE ASS END OF THE CAR like it was a funny car and then.... Pssssssssss....... slowly.... lower back down. :messedup: I felt like I was driving one of those cars from the hispanic neighborhoods with the articulated suspension. :facepalm: Not to mention the entire engine computer deciding to just go mental and melt down one day. All of it. FZZZZTTTT..... while I was driving. Dead. I had them tow that piece of shit away and I'll NEVER own another GM product. Fuck Cadillac.

I call shenanigans on Lexus being THAT much better than Toyota. Lexuses (Lexi?) are all badge engineered Toyotas.

Admittedly same thing with Lincoln and Ford. I'm a Ford guy through and through and Lincolns are essentially the same cars with nicer leather. They use the same platforms and the same parts. The damn Panther platform was used for the Town Car from '81 to 2011, just like the Crown Vic.

My brother's a mechanic and runs a shop... I'll have to ask him what he thinks of this. However, he owns a Crysler Town & Country and a Dodge Charger in addition to his '04 Mustang Mach I (but I don't count that since he bought it sans engine, so it doesn't fall within the parameters of factory reliability).

Part of it has to do with what is considered a reliability issue for the survey purposes. For example, IIRC, Ford sunk due to the whole my ford sync issues and some other items that have been resolved w/ TSBs or recalls.

No matter how large the sample or how accurate the responses, there will always be ownership examples that contradict a trend; the guy who owns a Mini that hasn't had a single issue will scoff at these results. My neighbor, who's almost always driving a loaner from the Mini dealer, will see this as validation of his experience.

I've owned (or currently own) Lexus, Cadillac, BMW, Porsche, Honda, Toyota, Ford, Audi, Kia, Chrysler, VW, Jeep, and Dodge.

I would agree with that list except in my experience Kia wold be above the line... probably a few more issues than Toyota but one of the more reliable models we owned (Sedona van)....

... and I don't get that Cadillac number AT ALL. The one I owned (STS) would be further down the list than MINI if I could put it there. There wasn't ONE piece of electronic gear that didn't give me fits or fail completely. Fan motor, electronic temperature control, windows, intermittent heated seats... hell, if I would drive it too hard the "intelligent" suspension would freak out and when I would pull in to my driveway to park it would JACK UP THE ASS END OF THE CAR like it was a funny car and then.... Pssssssssss....... slowly.... lower back down. :messedup: I felt like I was driving one of those cars from the hispanic neighborhoods with the articulated suspension. :facepalm: Not to mention the entire engine computer deciding to just go mental and melt down one day. All of it. FZZZZTTTT..... while I was driving. Dead. I had them tow that piece of shit away and I'll NEVER own another GM product. Fuck Cadillac.
I'm with you. I owned an '86 Firebird and an '83 Trans Am. Those two cars ate alternators every few weeks. My dad's Caddy blew up every couple months, once with the water pump just exploding. The Chevy van we had liked to blow up a lot, too. Every Ford we've ever owned has either just been maintenance or expected part failures because we put 100K miles on the damn part and it had a life expectancy of 80K.

If this is about the reliability of 2014 vehicles, then to be at the bottom at February takes a lot of fucking up!

I care more about how reliable a vehicle is in 2, 3, 5, or 7 years, but obviously we won't know until such time has passed and you either have a trusty steed or a POS on the way to the car compactor.

I'm not even including the Oldsmobile Aurora that my daughter bought.... wow... biggest POS on wheels I've ever seen. She could have thrown a rock in the under 5K lot and found a better car than that. :facepalm:

I seem to remember driving a Pontiac Grand Prix for a while back in the early 90's... I know I didn't buy it.... maybe my wife had it when we were dating? Again, POS.

If this is about the reliability of 2014 vehicles, then to be at the bottom at February takes a lot of fucking up!

I care more about how reliable a vehicle is in 2, 3, 5, or 7 years, but obviously we won't know until such time has passed and you either have a trusty steed or a POS on the way to the car compactor.

This car reliability study measures problems experienced during the past 12 months by original owners of three-year-old (2011 model year) vehicles, includes 202 different problem symptoms across all areas of the vehicle. Overall dependability is determined by the level of problems experienced per 100 vehicles (PP100), with a lower score reflecting higher quality. The Vehicle Dependability Study is used extensively by vehicle manufacturers worldwide to help design and build better vehicles, which typically translates to higher resale values and higher customer loyalty.

http://autos.jdpower.com/ratings/dependability.htm

I've been pretty impressed with the Fords I have driven recently (last few years).

I've owned a lot of GM products over the years, and I would go out of my way not to buy another one.

I am a bit shocked at how low Hyundai is, too......

Reactions: Tig
I've been pretty impressed with the Fords I have driven recently (last few years).

I've owned a lot of GM products over the years, and I would go out of my way not to buy another one.

I am a bit shocked at how low Hyundai is, too......

lot's of people have a hard time shaking that GM parts bin/reliability curse/fleet rental perception....not that they didn't earn it. I know quite a few people with post-bailout GM products and they all seem perfectly reliable but somewhat bland vehicles.

"All generalizations are false - including this one." - Mark Twain

That's the thing about some manufacturers... They can create 2 or 3 really good cars while the rest might be total crap, so we can't always lump them in together. Take the recent model pickups. Chevy owns the pickup truck market with reliability and quality compared to the other big guys, but most of their remaining line is known to suck. Chrysler mini vans remain consistently at the top year after year, but several other of their vehicles never came close.

lot's of people have a hard time shaking that GM parts bin/reliability curse/fleet rental perception....not that they didn't earn it. I know quite a few people with post-bailout GM products and they all seem perfectly reliable but somewhat bland vehicles.

Amazing what several billion dollars of tax-payer money will do. So now they make reliable, of not bland vehicles.
Go America!

This list is kind of bullshit.

Mazda and Jaguar are the same reliability wise?

I am sorry, but that is un-possible.

Mazda makes a very nice little car. Jaguar makes sports cars which aren't exactly known for their reliability and are owned by Tata out of India.
I just don't see how that is possible.

Amazing what several billion dollars of tax-payer money will do. So now they make reliable, of not bland vehicles.
Go America!

It's what sells...mass appeal...think of it as the camery-facation of the auto industry. Same concept behind VWs redesign of the passat and jetta. Not to mention that you have to consider how many models are 'world' cars; designed and sold on a wider basis than previously.

This list is kind of bullshit.

Mazda and Jaguar are the same reliability wise?

I am sorry, but that is un-possible.

Mazda makes a very nice little car. Jaguar makes sports cars which aren't exactly known for their reliability and are owned by Tata out of India.
I just don't see how that is possible.

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/10/30/why-consumer-reports-and-j-d-power-are-so-different/

Jag has actually scored well on the VDS for a few years.

LOL
I was reading it backwards at first and couldn't get over the shock until I actually read the details. :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Give them time. The guy in the office next to us just had his 2013 Cobalt replaced under the lemon law. Unfortunately they made him get another Cobalt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was quite surprised to see Mitsubishi that low until I remembered how miniscule their sales numbers have been...

Sent from where I am now...

Back