2014 JDP Vehicle Dependability Study

FWIW, I looked up the methods in the study, and it is actually 3 year owner reported reliability from vehicles purchased new in 2011. The survey is released in 2014, but it is dealing with 2011 cars. I guess that explains how they have data and it is only february.

FWIW, I looked up the methods in the study, and it is actually 3 year owner reported reliability from vehicles purchased new in 2011. The survey is released in 2014, but it is dealing with 2011 cars. I guess that explains how they have data and it is only february.

Everyone needs to remember the 2014 models (of most common cars) hit dealer lots in April of 2013.

...or you could have looked up @ post 10
:poke:

So says the Wall Street Journal...we have a letter from the company president that says otherwise...

Sent from where I am now...
Interesting, I was going on a story in Autoweek. They are so far off my radar I can't even name any models they sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting, I was going on a story in Autoweek. They are so far off my radar I can't even name any models they sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah...there was a speculative article in WSJ headlined "10 brands that will disappear in 2014"...the mainstream media picked up on it as a fact and not the speculations of one reporter and it's run away...it got to the point where the CEO of Mitsubishi Worldwide found it necessary to send all the dealers a letter denying it outright and outlining their corporate intentions for the next 3 years...

What makes it even more annoying is the fact that our flagship Outlander is being built in the US...and another factory is being refurbished to build the next version of the Lancer...and yet we have customers every day asking us when we are going to lose our jobs...often with a little laugh or smirk...

Hey hey, look at Buick.

Since so many are sold to the Chinese, I can see how JDP isn't getting too many complaints about them.

Hey hey, look at Buick.

Since so many are sold to the Chinese, I can see how JDP isn't getting too many complaints about them.
Buicks are a status symbol ion China. Most of the bucks sold in China are made there and are very different than the models we get here.

No matter how large the sample or how accurate the responses, there will always be ownership examples that contradict a trend; the guy who owns a Mini that hasn't had a single issue will scoff at these results. My neighbor, who's almost always driving a loaner from the Mini dealer, will see this as validation of his experience.

From what I've heard, Mini has worked out a lot of the major transmission issues over the past year or two.

But yeah, I've been car shopping, and as much as I like the Mini, I don't waste my time looking at a used one.

Yeah...there was a speculative article in WSJ headlined "10 brands that will disappear in 2014"...the mainstream media picked up on it as a fact and not the speculations of one reporter and it's run away...it got to the point where the CEO of Mitsubishi Worldwide found it necessary to send all the dealers a letter denying it outright and outlining their corporate intentions for the next 3 years...

What makes it even more annoying is the fact that our flagship Outlander is being built in the US...and another factory is being refurbished to build the next version of the Lancer...and yet we have customers every day asking us when we are going to lose our jobs...often with a little laugh or smirk...

Locally, I'm seeing Mitsu pull a Suzuki; they've lost their dealership visibility and have become a corner in another brand showroom. It seems like only a matter of time.

What's the deal w/ the EVO? Is it dead?

Locally, I'm seeing Mitsu pull a Suzuki; they've lost their dealership visibility and have become a corner in another brand showroom. It seems like only a matter of time.

What's the deal w/ the EVO? Is it dead?
The Evo is still in production...

My friend has one of those EVO (Lancers?) with all the turbo crap and sports clutch. It's a lot of fun to drive, but he has asshats in Charger and Challengers trying to race him all the time. Fucking ridiculous.

Back