Question: What are you guys using for cables these days?

My Fender Koil cable (right angle) just crapped out, so I'm in the market too. I love the koil cable's compactness, but I'm not happy about the crapping out part... :(

I've got a pile of the Fender colored "California series" cables that are about a decade and a half old now. They've held up surprisingly well for cheap ass close out cables.

I've also got some of the reverb branded cloth cables that I got for free.

No issues with any of this stuff

Lifetime guarantee.

SpectraFlexCables.jpg

My recent purchases are Monster 21 footers (4 total). So far they have been going strong for the past 8-9 years with no sign of failure. My other cables are homemade Canare Cable with Switchcraft ends. I use these cables on all of my pedalboards and also have made some 20 footers. The long cables have been with me since 1986 and going strong. I have only had to replace the plugs because some of my Neutrik's went bad.

My recent purchases are Monster 21 footers (4 total). So far they have been going strong for the past 8-9 years with no sign of failure. My other cables are homemade Canare Cable with Switchcraft ends. I use these cables on all of my pedalboards and also have made some 20 footers. The long cables have been with me since 1986 and going strong. I have only had to replace the plugs because some of my Neutrik's went bad.
I'm thinking of buying a pair of something decent and moving them to by backup stuff once I have the time and funds to make some cable of my own. I eventually want to do that with my pedalboard too. No time this weekend though.

I'm thinking of buying a pair of something decent and moving them to by backup stuff once I have the time and funds to make some cable of my own. I eventually want to do that with my pedalboard too. No time this weekend though.

I didn't mind buying the monster cable knowing that I would be busy. Even when I stopped doing as many gigs but started playing all of the different jams, the cable is the Energizer bunny with no fail in site. Like all the cables, they too have the lifetime warranty. The cable winds well, has no memory in the coil and my guitar sound, unadulterated.

I used ProCo along time ago - early 80's and eventually, they crashed and burned.

I didn't mind buying the monster cable knowing that I would be busy. Even when I stopped doing as many gigs but started playing all of the different jams, the cable is the Energizer bunny with no fail in site. Like all the cables, they too have the lifetime warranty. The cable winds well, has no memory in the coil and my guitar sound, unadulterated.

I used ProCo along time ago - early 80's and eventually, they crashed and burned.
I bought three of the Monster cables when they first came out and they all failed within months. With the warranty I got replacements and they didn't last much longer. Between that and their shitty business practices I've decided not to buy from them anymore, even if the quality has improved.

I bought three of the Monster cables when they first came out and they all failed within months. With the warranty I got replacements and they didn't last much longer. Between that and their shitty business practices I've decided not to buy from them anymore, even if the quality has improved.

Interesting, but then I did buy mine years after they were in that business.

I ended up with a pair of these:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461354403.100070.jpg

$25 a piece. Holy shit cables have gotten expensive. Everything I thought I was going to buy was $50-$60 a cable and I just can't see paying that much. These will go in my "B-rig" bag and I'm going to build my own from now on.

Whatever happened to Whirlwind cables? Back in the late 80s-early 90s that is all I used or even saw at stores. I haven't seen any for ages. My dad still has an old one of mine and it works great even though he has left it plugged into his tele with it sitting on the floor. The cable is bent at 90 degrees when he does that and it still works.

http://www.elderly.com/quantum-audio-designs-20-foot-instrument-cable.htm

http://www.elderly.com/quantum-audio-designs-10-foot-instrument-cable-102627.htm

I a couple Quantum cables from that particular series as samples when I was the buyer for The Music Den. My boss didn't want to carry them so he told me to just keep them. I found that they're solid cables and at least this series doesn't curl around my leg and get tangled.

When I needed additional (not replacement) cables I ordered some of those above.

I don't remember paying that little... I almost feel like I should order a few more. LOL

http://www.elderly.com/quantum-audio-designs-20-foot-instrument-cable.htm

http://www.elderly.com/quantum-audio-designs-10-foot-instrument-cable-102627.htm

I a couple Quantum cables from that particular series as samples when I was the buyer for The Music Den. My boss didn't want to carry them so he told me to just keep them. I found that they're solid cables and at least this series doesn't curl around my leg and get tangled.

When I needed additional (not replacement) cables I ordered some of those above.

I don't remember paying that little... I almost feel like I should order a few more. LOL
I e had those before. My old boss used to carry them. I haven't seen them in a store around here in years.

I ended up with a pair of these:

View attachment 26932

$25 a piece. Holy shit cables have gotten expensive. Everything I thought I was going to buy was $50-$60 a cable and I just can't see paying that much. These will go in my "B-rig" bag and I'm going to build my own from now on.

Until your post, I hadn't realized that I had omitted them from my post. I actually have 2 or these (yeah, I have a variety of cables that I got while I was looking for better quality), and they've been very good - a little stiff, but good.

Back