drool...

GreatDane

"up yours, baby."
D90Proto8_7_zps7d29f6a1.jpg

"
This is a VERY special one and one I normally wouldn't consider as a guitar I could let go, but the opportunity to grab a used piece I've coveted for a while is forcing the sale of one of my own coveted pieces.
redface.gif
Here's a pretty rare one, a Thorn DeLuxe 90 that was one of the handful of original prototypes before the design was finalized and became an official model in the Thorn lineup. It features Ron's tried and true tonal recipe of Korina body and neck, Brazilian Rosewood fretboard and Thorn Stapletop GT90's but adds a little more Les Paul to the mix with the addition of a maple top with a lovely nitro finish and cream purfling around the edge of the top.

The tone is just amazing on this guitar, one of the best-sounding guitars I've ever owned (which is part of why I've kept this one so long, and folks who know me know I tend to not hang onto stuff for long periods of time…
rotflmao.gif
) and she's equally at home handling gorgeous cleans and searing high gain, the GT90's are terrifically versatile pickups. She's in very good condition, only been played at home in the guitar room.
"

D90Proto8_6_zps1f945f97.jpg

D90Proto8_8_zps1bb72f6c.jpg

D90Proto8_3_zpsbffd168e.jpg

D90Proto8_10_zpsf2c3785f.jpg

D90Proto8_13_zps93e5d1c7.jpg

Love it! I still need to try those pickups at some point. Based on the clips I've heard, they seem like they would be right up my alley.

I think I'm mostly happy that it doesn't have a gaudy quilted or flamed top and a sunburst finish. :grin:

this thorn looks pretty much identical to what Ian Anderson makes, IMO. an Anderson is on my uber-GAS short list, and then this one comes along... ugh.

Interesting... The seller threw out a very reasonable counteroffer and there's no way I could turn it down. So it looks like I'll be taking this one in. I'm super-excited to try a Thorn and those staple pickups. Woo hoo!

Back