drool...

Interesting... The seller threw out a very reasonable counteroffer and there's no way I could turn it down. So it looks like I'll be taking this one in. I'm super-excited to try a Thorn and those staple pickups. Woo hoo!
:cool:

It will make a nice addition to the family...:thu:

Looking forward to the reviews. While I don't care much for the guitar itself, I am interested in how the pickups sound.

HNGD!

this thorn looks pretty much identical to what Ian Anderson makes, IMO. an Anderson is on my uber-GAS short list, and then this one comes along... ugh.

Having played both, the thorn and Anderson are quite different. Ian's are pretty close to Johanna work but Ron's and Ian's feel and are completely different.

the guitar arrived yesterday... while i was traveling on business. duh... thankfully someone was home to sign for it, so when i rolled in earlier today there it was. i unpacked it earlier this evening and played it for a while. initial impression? fuck yeah. it's very light, but perfectly balanced. feels sort of like a tele, but with really nice contours and a very unobtrusive neck heel. well-rounded fretboard edges - not quite as nice as the Tyler (which are practically scalloped), but close. the neck carve is very comfortable - chunky, but on the skinny side of chunky if that makes sense. the 12" radius is my style. the P90s are in their own league. i've never heard P90s that sound this nice or this versatile with as much depth to the sound. it's crazy. you just have to hear it for yourself (come over and try it out). the condition is as-new - no scratches, dings, dents, dust, nothing. and the case is totally bad-ass - brown snake skin. yeehah! i could seriously make due with this guitar, the Tyler and a few others. in fact, i might do just that.

Back