Your favorite album from.....Chicago

Denverdave

Resident Ragamuffin
Really - their first 9 or 10 albums were solid, before the Cetera ballads almost ruined the band.

I'm going with Chicago V.

The first one is good. Chicago is one band that I really despise. They went downhill quickly after Terry Kath died.

Chicago.

I like the Peter Cetera ballads. After all with Cher was fantastic. There's a power metal ballad in there somewhere.

I enjoy pre-Cetera-led Chicago, but not enough to own an album. Terry Kath was awesome.

Yep. He died after Chicago XI. The pressure to do the ballad thing was already happening at that point and both Kath and Robert Lamm were not happy with that. I think after Kath died, Lamm just did not have the pull to keep the Cetera trainwreck from happening.

Yep. He died after Chicago XI. The pressure to do the ballad thing was already happening at that point and both Kath and Robert Lamm were not happy with that. I think after Kath died, Lamm just did not have the pull to keep the Cetera trainwreck from happening.
In his defense, that was a multi million dollar Trainwreck.

cta-2.jpg

While the first album was their studio masterpiece, the Live At Carnegie Hall 4 disc set is what I grew up on, warts and all.

chicago-live-at-carnegie-hall-set-of-4-lp-record-album--2_37492695

51Yq9OYIt5L.jpg

Love Colour My World.
i love the whole suite. that^^ song is part of "A Ballet for a Girl in Buchannon" which was completely written by James Pankow (Jimmy Trombone) and starts with Make Me Smile.
the guitar work on C.T.A. (Chicago I) caused Jimi Hendrix to comment to James Pankow, at a concert, that "your guitar play is WAY better than i am".

Back