VegaTrem for Teles

shoeless

Riffin'
This popped up as an ad for me the other day. It's a pretty ingenious design, IMO. It requires no modifications and appears to put the springs in the string ferrule holes. No extra drilling like a Bigsby would need, no routing of a cavity for springs like a strat, clever.

https://vegatrem.com/vt2-teletrem-telecaster-tremolo/

VT2-tremolo-vegatrem-telecaster.png

VT2-tremolo-VegaTrem-2.png

I have a modern player with the HB in the bridge. Do they make one for that?
Edit: No, they do not.

Last edited:
I have a modern player with the HB in the bridge. Do they make one for that?
Edit: No, they do not.
Looks like a great design, but I don’t want a trem on my Tele. I’ve got other guitars for that.

This is exactly what crossed my mind when this pop'd up in my news feed a while back....what's the demand for this going to really look like?

This is exactly what crossed my mind when this pop'd up in my news feed a while back....what's the demand for this going to really look like?
Maybe an appeal to folks that might be looking at putting a Bigsby on their Tele, so not a lot of folks would be my guess. That being said, I quite like my Tele and can't help but wonder if I'd like it better with one of these. OTOH, one of the appeals of a Tele is it's simple, bulletproof design, which this or any other trem would contradict.

They make a version for strats too, but I'm not sure how it differs from any other strat trem.

Maybe an appeal to folks that might be looking at putting a Bigsby on their Tele, so not a lot of folks would be my guess. That being said, I quite like my Tele and can't help but wonder if I'd like it better with one of these. OTOH, one of the appeals of a Tele is it's simple, bulletproof design, which this or any other trem would contradict.

They make a version for strats too, but I'm not sure how it differs from any other strat trem.

Maybe if my only guitar was a Tele, it would cross my mind. But I’d probably just get another guitar :grin:

It's a nice looking piece of kit. I'm in the 'I like a Bigsby on a tele' camp, and if that sounded good I'd definitely consider it as an alternative to a Bigsby.

Just looked at this again. You would have to drill new hole to mount this. The mounting holes are right below the pickup and a Tele bridge has the mounting holes next to where the strings come through.

FAE3F9AE-DC39-439E-97A4-599F60E0D375.jpeg

Just looked at this again. You would have to drill new hole to mount this. The mounting holes are right below the pickup and a Tele bridge has the mounting holes next to where the strings come through.

View attachment 78423

Two new holes for the screws that hold the PU plate in place and double as the pivot screws. I'm not sure the new holes when be hidden if someone reverted back to the ashtray.

Back