Value of an old Yamaha reed organ?

shoeless

Riffin'
I have this old (60s vintage) Yamaha electric reed organ. It's been in my basement for years and I'd like to try and sell it if I can. I'm guessing there's not much demand for these, but it works and has a unique sound for someone that wants that sort of thing. Anyway, does anyone have a feel for what it might be worth? I was thinking of asking maybe $100 for it? What do you think?

upload_2020-8-11_22-15-55.png

upload_2020-8-11_22-17-31.png

Rip out the innards and sell it as an upcycled retro Scandinavian desk for £££££££££s :idea:

I have this old (60s vintage) Yamaha electric reed organ. It's been in my basement for years and I'd like to try and sell it if I can. I'm guessing there's not much demand for these, but it works and has a unique sound for someone that wants that sort of thing. Anyway, does anyone have a feel for what it might be worth? I was thinking of asking maybe $100 for it? What do you think?

View attachment 59478

View attachment 59479

Seriously I would start with $500

Seriously I would start with $500
Thanks. That seems high to me, but I honestly don't know. I looked on Reverb and found one that's close, albeit a bit nicer than mine. Mine doesn't have the volume pedal like that one. It does, however, have a vibrato lever that you wiggle with your knee...kinda like a pedal steel. You can see the lever in my photos. It's that silver loop that is hanging down under the keyboard.

Here's the Reverb unit. He had it listed at $275. Not sure what it sold for or how long it was on Reverb.

https://reverb.com/item/8579092-yamaha-l-2-electric-reed-organ
xfsmgvklkklpauov5i0g.jpg

Like most oddball things, there's probably a collectors market for these, but finding them might be a challenge.

I don't know much about these old organs, but if it's got a usable sound that's in the ballpark of a Farfisa or Vox then I think it would sell easily. It's the right size, and the right vintage to be a workable substitute.

Pretty much no one wants the bulkier stuff, so you shouldn't base your asking price on those examples.

Back