The Black 'Strat' is back together

Chad

Slender Hobbit
When I bought the sunburst body, I took the neck off the black Strat so I could put the sunbust one together. Then I had the failed Tone Zone experiment. I got the DiMarzio Bluesbucker a few weeks ago and installed it in the black Strat. I got the shipping notice from Warmoth earlier in the week for my new neck, so I decided to put the neck back on the black Strat today. The Bluesbucker is way more my speed than the Tone Zone.

IMG_5648.jpg

I swear every time I go on Warmoth and build a Tele it ends up being more than an American Professional series.

I swear every time I go on Warmoth and build a Tele it ends up being more than an American Professional series.

I just looked up the retail on one ~ 1,300 bucks.
Ordering the body and neck from warmoth in stock and the rest of the build elsewhere using some average prices for parts:

300 for a finished body
157 for a neck
20 bucks for a nut
40 for tuners
70 bridge
40 for a pre wired harness
15 control plate
10 knobs

That leaves you with 648 bucks to buy pickups & pick guard, ancillary bits and supplies

I just looked up the retail on one ~ 1,300 bucks.
Ordering the body and neck from warmoth in stock and the rest of the build elsewhere using some average prices for parts:

300 for a finished body
157 for a neck
20 bucks for a nut
40 for tuners
70 bridge
40 for a pre wired harness
15 control plate
10 knobs

That leaves you with 648 bucks to buy pickups & pick guard, ancillary bits and supplies
The body I built on there was over 600 and I wasn't even done yet. Still a drastic savings though and custom to exactly what I want.
I don't understand some (a lot) of the options so it's scary to hit the add to cart button. The routing and bridge mount stuff is overwhelming.

The Strat I built here was under $800 and that includes the ridiculously expensive Mastery bridge. The Tele in my avatar was even less.

It helps to troll the screaming deals section or if/when they have a discount on the in stock stuff.

My black Tele body was $165 from the screaming deals. Makes the build really cheap when you get a score that good.

Back