Forum Biz So we have a badass new Bass teacher at Premier now.

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member

here he is playing with Kid Ramos and the 44's

With Morry Sochat in Las Vegas

Michael Turturro was born In Southern California. Stemming from a musical, artistic and acting family, Michael was born with rhythm and blues in his genes. Schooled by his father, Vini Turturro, whose credits include The Righteous Brothers, Jackie Wilson and The Grass Roots.

The Turturro family holiday’s and Sunday dinners with his father, and musical uncles and cousins were more like a Musician's Union event on a regular basis. It was evident at a young age that Michael had the gift and would follow suit. At an Early age Michael was performing professionally alongside his father, Backing Rhythm and Blues legends including Little Anthony (The Imperials) and Gary US Bonds.

Michael has recorded and toured internationally with some of the worlds best Blues and Roots/Rock musicians that include Lynwood Slim, Candye Kane, Joe Wood (TSOL), Kid Ramos, and Lars Fredrickson (Rancid). As a sideman he has performed with members of The Righteous Brothers, James Harmon, Rancid, Mannish Boys, Mavis Staples of the Staple Singers, The Red Devils, The Blasters, Big Blue, Social Distortion, X, and The Fabulous Thunderbirds.

Michael attended The Musicians Institute of Hollywood, California. Specializing in Blues and American Roots Music, He has been sought out to teach the techniques and styles of Traditional American Blues and Roots Music.

Beyond teaching and performing, Michael Turturro has produced, written, and performed on many local and internationally distributed Recordings and motion Picture Soundtracks, including The Hillside Strangler, Haunting Desires, and Pariah.

Michael can be seen playing around town with The 44’s, The Memphis Kings, and Many others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plays upright, eh? I used to do that, 4 and a half years of it. I think that's why i like my strings so damn thick now.

I forgot to mention that Mike is in the house band for Toms BluesCasts, so he's in the Paul Fasulo one and will be playing with Rick Holmstom and Paul Pigat.

Dang, Mark, keep messing around and people will take you seriously. :poke:

Congrats!

EG

:grin:

The next few months you're going to see some great stuff going on here. I'm pretty excited about what we have coming up...the webcasts and NAMM events are a great start for the year...

Back