Shaking my Head Compression

DinoMikeSr

I have the box
I’ve had my Boss cs3 a long time and have used it for certain things but never got where I loved it. Watched a video the other day and found this setting. I don’t have the volume, first knob that high, but I have just fallen in love with this now for both acoustic and electric.
IMG_3098.jpeg

It's quite weird actually, I love using compression when it comes to recording and mixing. But I've never liked compressor pedals for guitar. Think it's mostly that the controls are "wrong" compared to a studio compressor and on those pedals you generally don't have control over attack and release times - for me that's annoying. I generally solve it by running my amps slightly overdriven, which adds compression in a more pleasing way to me.

It's quite weird actually, I love using compression when it comes to recording and mixing. But I've never liked compressor pedals for guitar. Think it's mostly that the controls are "wrong" compared to a studio compressor and on those pedals you generally don't have control over attack and release times - for me that's annoying. I generally solve it by running my amps slightly overdriven, which adds compression in a more pleasing way to me.
It seems that all the parameters are under "compression" knob (or some under compression and some are fixed). Some compressors have an attack knob, but release\ratio/threshold are rare.

Back