Recommend music coffee table books/box sets

Chicken Man

Kick Henry Jackassowski
I've recently really enjoyed The Wilco Book and The Beastie Boys Book--neither this a band I'm a rabid fan of, but it's nice to have a broad, multi-media look at a band. However, it's very hard to search for "music coffee table book", particularly on my library website, which seems to treat the search term as a buffet from which it can grab individual words at its leisure.

I'm not particularly interested in the strictly photo collections or the Rolling Stone covers book--looking for genuine musical content.

While we're at it, also ISO good box sets, which are likewise hard to search for on the library website.

Being an SRV fan I bought the bottom two books a number of years ago when I found them on Amazon cheap.
79011289_2922532341091865_7731336862496718848_o.jpg

These are other musician books I have. The SRV books are in the other photo too and if you read SRV day by day, night after night you will already know everything in the two SRV books here. I enjoyed all of them the first and second time I read them.

82321918_3006337322711366_2271683575235477504_n.jpg

Did you get the Wilco book, or Jeff Tweedy's book? Tweedy's was a good read.

I've enjoyed Brad Paisley's book and I can't say I've ever heard one of his songs. Scott Ian's book was pretty good too.

Even if you're not into the Beatles, this is a good look at the kind of gear that was around in the 60's.
51BWhsZOp2L.jpg

There's a similar volume by the same author covering the Rolling Stones, but I've not seen it.

Did you get the Wilco book, or Jeff Tweedy's book? Tweedy's was a good read.

I've enjoyed Brad Paisley's book and I can't say I've ever heard one of his songs. Scott Ian's book was pretty good too.

I've been through both Wilco books mentioned and enjoyed them both. I'm not looking for musician biographies/autos/memoirs here--those are easy enough to find with search terms. I'm looking for big, glossy, photos-captions-essays-ephemera collections, which are hard to define in the Boolean logic of the library search engine. Amazon is a little better, but not much.

Neal Peart put in a gazillion miles on his BMW R1200GS. He's written several books about his travels - including pictures. I've not read any of them (yet), but they seem to get very good reviews.

Back