Pulled the trigger!

micwalt

Too Controversial To Have An Athleisure Line
Sweetwater has been out of stock on these for ever. Finally got some in stock, so I snagged one. Will be here on May 5.
ehsdgbiyeurslvxmkesw.jpg

I'm looking forward to messing with it. It just seems so simple and intuitive.
The HX Stomp takes too goddamn long to dial in a really great sound. The sounds are there, but you really gotta coax 'em out, do all kinds of EQing and shelving, etc.
So I'm hoping this will become my go-to recording "amp." But I'm also gonna try it in conjunction with the Stomp--Iridium as the base amp/cab and Stomp for preamps and effects.

I'm looking forward to messing with it. It just seems so simple and intuitive.
The HX Stomp takes too goddamn long to dial in a really great sound. The sounds are there, but you really gotta coax 'em out, do all kinds of EQing and shelving, etc.
So I'm hoping this will become my go-to recording "amp." But I'm also gonna try it in conjunction with the Stomp--Iridium as the base amp/cab and Stomp for preamps and effects.
Whats funny is that I think the Iridium is great but I kinda want an HX stomp to use for a small carry around board. Maybe next year when I'm not poor anymore.

Whats funny is that I think the Iridium is great but I kinda want an HX stomp to use for a small carry around board. Maybe next year when I'm not poor anymore.
It's not a bad idea. Like I said, the sounds are in there. I just get tired of endlessly tweaking dozens of parameters to get them. I feel like (hope) the Iridium will be a bit more plug and play.
I must say, though, I used the Stomp to record some guitar parts for a collaboration project last week and really liked the toanz I got.

Take a look at the Pod GO - Helix models with complete portability and enough footswitches to get the job done. Costs less too.

Back