Porsche's new GT3 RS....

baimun

Funkasaurus Rex
porsche-model.png

Fucking spectacular.... I was immediately impressed with the way the body is shaped to exit the cooling air from the brakes to keep it smooth down the sides, but when you combine that with active aero ducts in the front and an active split wing in back..... yeah, this thing is BLISTERINGLY fast!!!

How fast?

https://jalopnik.com/porsche-s-insane-new-gt3-rs-sets-a-blistering-nurburgri-1849650590

Try THIRTEEN seconds faster than the million dollar Porsche 918 Hypercar around the Nurburgring! :eek2:

Spec wise... top speed is drag limited to 199 mph (320kph), but can do 0-60 in 2.7 seconds ... but can pull 2 G in the corners!!! It wasn't that long ago that 1 G was juuuust reachable by road legal cars.

The 918 has an 887 Horsepower Hybrid Drivetrain.... while the GT3 RS "only" has 518 Horsepower.

This makes me think... if they put the gas/electric hybrid engine in this new active aero... Fooooooook.... :shitbricks:

Of course, they'd have to change the name to GT-E RS or something. :baimun:

Last edited:
Didn't realize you can color match the wheels and graphics.... sweeet.

Might sound boring... but I think it would look spectacular in a metallic silver color, with dark grey pearl graphics and carbon fiber to delicately balance between blending into and still contrasting.... but the wheels be a copper color.... Like the Boxster prototype. :wink:

It's probably obvious that I'm someone who saw the original Boxster prototype in person at an Auto show, framed the poster for my wall, and have had that image etched into my brain.

https://www.carscoops.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/1993-Porsche-Boxster-Concep-1024x555.jpg

Last edited:
It is gorgeous. I hate to look at it though. I know I'll never own one or even drive one.

It is gorgeous. I hate to look at it though. I know I'll never own one or even drive one.

I hear ya... I used to look at 60-100K cars knowing that there was a possibility they would drop into my budget circle, and have bumped that budget circle higher over the years, and have been able to own some cars that were just dreams when I was a little younger.

The issue with many of these new supercar development platforms is that they are SUPER expensive, limited numbers, sold out before they are released to the dealers, and gobbled up by speculators who stash them away.

All that said.... the DNA runs deep on cars like this, and there's a real possibility (depending on the used car market stabilizing, as I've seen car prices dropping from the peak of a year or so ago) I might be able to get my fuzzy ass into a Boxster S or Cayman S in the next couple years. :wink:

Last edited:
Weird. It does and doesn’t look like a Porsche. But it does look pretty cool.

A buddy has just the regular GT3, and it is the fastest car I've ever ridden in. I can't imagine how intense the RS is.

306138023_10225001388275730_8845004048500383192_n.jpg

Given our house rule that we only pay cash for cars, anything like that is utterly out of the question. But looks so freaking cool.

How fast?

The 918 has an 887 Horsepower Hybrid Drivetrain.... while the GT3 RS "only" has 518 Horsepower. Thismakes me think... if they put the gas/electric hybrid engine in this new active aero... Fooooooook.... :shitbricks:

Of course, they'd have to change the name to GT-E RS or something. :baimun:

Imagine how fast it would be if it didn't have the gas engine weighing it down.

Imagine how fast it would be if it didn't have the gas engine weighing it down.

There’s a visceral thing with the hybrid engine. The all electric Mission E is cool in a future hyperspeed thing, whining like a psychotic electric chainsaw…. While launching into hyperspace. Splitting the work between the two styles allows the roar of an ICE engine with the torque of an electric motor…. Without having to pull into the pits after a few dozen laps to plug back in. :wink:

Back