Pete Thorn's lazy eye...

jelloman

Couch'd Tater...
...is freaking me out...:messedup:

...but Tom Quayle is a beast on guitar, and this is a pretty good lesson...

Colin Hay farts in your general direction

f6a54603b683d1755c2ffb78fa800d8d.gif

Hey Mark, check out this vid of him giving advice to aspiring sidemen...

Pete is definitely a hero of mine. And that is sage advice, regarding knowing the parts (including solos and backing vocals), having specific tones dialed in, and practicing standing up.
I remember years ago, I joined one leg of a tour that an old singer of mine was doing while the regular guitarist had a conflict. I showed up for the one rehearsal we had before my first gig with the band, and I knew every part, every solo, every backing vocal, etc. We blazed through the entire set and didn't have to work anything out (except a couple endings), and that was it. A couple of the other guys, who were regular LA guys, were like, "Holy shit! Why aren't you doing this for a living?" I missed my calling.

I have HUGE respect for Pete just getting out there and doing it. Lots of people would have let that limit them, but he's a brave mofo and a great player.

My youngest son was born w/ CFEOM type 1, so I register Pete's eye for about a nanosecond. He's a great musician. The show with Tim Pierce is one of the best pop guitar things on the internet. He's more rock and less shreddy and I love him for it, although he can clearly shred, but he plays in bands and/or w/ artists with songs and his ability to work within that framework, especially delivering what they want is why we've even heard of him.

Pete's the real deal. A modern, highly successful working musician.

Back