NOTASHIPPING Notification

dodgechargerfan

CanadianGary
Administrator
JHS is churning through their Notaklön orders.

I’d been seeing folks post recently about receiving their orders from the 6000s order numbers.

I figured my order up in the 9000s was going to be further out than they had initially estimated.
Nope. Pretty much right on time.
I wonder if they’re doing anything else. At all. :P

IMG_2324.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm surprised how much I like my Wampler Germanium Tumnus... Hopefully you have the same experience with your Notaklooooooon. :baimun:

Nope. It’s all done. It’s easier than Lego to put together, and it’s MUCH easier than most IKEA stuff. LOL!
It takes just a few minutes to do.
Not getting one but was curious. The Silver Pony did the job for me in terms of a Klon Clone. Since I was able to acquire a mini Tumnus, that saved space on my board. Now only if they made a mini clone Mostortion.....sigh.

What do you think?

I didn't bother gooping mine cuz... Nobody's ever gonna see. LOL

I actually really like it with the gain around 3-3:30ish.

It sounds great.
I kind of a/b’d it with my silver pony and it matches up well.

I’ve got the two versions of the Amazon knock-off klons- the gold and the silver.
I can hear a difference between them and the notaklon. I wouldn’t call one better than the other, just different. Extremely slightly at the same dial settings, but they can all be dialled in to sound the same. Then, it’s just a matter of whether you need to dial up or down from there and if there’s enough room to go there. I haven’t found a need to max or min any of these pedals. So, the truth is, they can all get dialled into work well. I think so anyway.

I have a Klon KTR, a VFE Merman and an EHX Soul Food.

The Soul Food is mediocre for both build quality and sound. The KTR sounds good with scooped amps like some Fender’s. The Merman is the most versatile because of the extra controls and can be made to sound great with any amp.

I bought the KTR directly from Bill Finnegan for $269. It’s ridiculous that they now sell for more than $500 in the used market since it does not even use the same circuit design and parts as the original Centaur. The chart below illustrates that fact.

IMG_8760.jpeg

I have a Klon KTR, a VFE Merman and an EHX Soul Food.

The Soul Food is mediocre for both build quality and sound. The KTR sounds good with scooped amps like some Fender’s. The Merman is the most versatile because of the extra controls and can be made to sound great with any amp.

I bought the KTR directly from Bill Finnegan for $269. It’s ridiculous that they now sell for more than $500 in the used market since it does not even use the same circuit design and parts as the original Centaur. The chart below illustrates that fact.

View attachment 93284

Have you had the opportunity to play the Wampler Germanium Tumnus? I really dig mine... but I also didn't pay $200 or more for it.

Have you had the opportunity to play the Wampler Germanium Tumnus? I really dig mine... but I also didn't pay $200 or more for it.

No. I did listen to video comparison clips of the original Tumnus vs Germanium T and I heard an audible difference. If there is a difference in a YT clip, it is likely even more obvious in person. They both sounded good to me but there was a certain "raw" quality to the Germanium T for lack of a better descriptor. That first batch of new ones sold out fast. Did Wampler make other Germanium T's?

I was not really all that interested in another Klone since I have the KTR which has the original germanium parts and the Merman which does not. I am curious about the Decibelics Golden Horse because it's supposedly the closest Klone of the Centaur based on build, circuit design and parts. But, it's more of a curiosity than a burning desire. I've been kicking around the idea of getting one to compare Golden Horse, KTR and Merman to see which one is the ultimate.

Decibelics makes The Reverend which is supposedly a faithful copy of the Bionics Expendora circuit. Those Expandora's were made famous by Billy Gibbons. Seems like I should try to buy one of those before another Klone.

My tone chasing seems a bit silly to me at this point. I own a lot of pedals. Too many. Dirt is my favorite. I own boutique and cheap. Bottom line I can sound good with a Joyo pedal. And, I seem to adjust my dirt pedals in the same ballpark of tones.

Back