Largest Guitar Store in Shibuya - Tokyo

One day I’m going to visit this store and buy an ESP Maiden. Which I would never play, but it would be cool to put it in a glass case and tell them it’s a famous drag queen’s sig model that I bought in Tokyo.

Would love to visit, but then I would have 3 new guitars to somehow get back to the States on the airplane with me...

A trip to Japan is on my bucket list....could happen in the next few years and guitar stores are one of the stops. Once Japan finally opens up again...then wait a bit after the initial crush.

Last edited:
I would love to go there. There is band I follow called sailing before the wind I would really want to see live. Japan's live music scene looks great so I bet they have great guitar stores.

We were planning a trip before COVID and it was looking like $30,000 for 3 people for 7 days including everything but food. That's flying business class because no way in hell I'm doing a flight that long in coach.
Then I read that Japan was offering 50% off trip packages to get people back over there once COVID backs off a bit. We'll see how that shakes out.

I’ve not been to this particular place, but I’ve gone guitar shopping in Tokyo. It’s fun. Lots of really cool stuff to gape at and noodle on. I’ve never purchased anything because of travel hassles and because I’ve never been seriously in the market when I’ve been over there. The closest I’ve come to buying something was a Ruby Red Rickenbacker 330 at a department store in Sapporo…but we were at the beginning of the trip and headed from there to our friend’s hometown and I didn’t want to hump it all over heck and then worry about it making three flights unscathed (Sapporo to Tokyo to Toronto to Chicago).

Shopping in Tokyo in general is really fun the first couple times you’re there, but once you’ve done it you’ve kinda done it. And if you’re an average-sized American dude or larger, forget shopping for clothes or shoes just in any old place you stop in at.

The flight is long, but it’s not that bad in steerage. You just kinda need to prepare to be vaguely uncomfortable for 12 hours or whatever. One trick we’ve found is to book one night at the hotel adjacent to the airport so you can just crash after getting in. Then the next morning you can get up, eat some breakfast, and get to your final destination while not completely miserable post-flight. This is especially helpful if you’ve flown into Tokyo and the connected to another city.

Guitar shopping in Tokyo is awesome. But bringing them home is tough. I got a sweet vintage semi hollow with a soft case, and JapanAir made me check it! I stuffed the soft case with socks, shirts, and underwear, and we all made it safely, but it was an anxious trip home.

Back