Killer Queen tribute band

Went to go see Killer Queen, a tribute band from London who has been doing this for 25+ years. Tribute bands are always a little weird feeling to me, but this was a fun night. I am not going to say I am qualified to assess whether Simon Small, the lead guitarist who takes May's parts nailed every lick, but it sounded pretty damn amazing to me and he did seem to have the look and feel down. Nothing distracted from the enjoyment, and I was up on my feet (and my wife was too right in front of me, right in front of the stage all night. The other guys in the tribute band did great too. Patrick Myers who plays Freddie does a very good job of firing up the crowd (here in SV, that takes some effort with the older folks in the seats, behind those standing up at the stage) and he played Freddie's part, while acknowledging he was not Freddie and honoring him, in a graceful way. And the band rocked. I forgot my ear plugs so got some tissue and used that. Not sonically awesome but better than no earplugs given the volume. I give the experience two thumbs up!

https://www.itemlive.com/2018/07/06/review-killer-queen-rocks-lynn-auditorium/

YBiXGIURRWaUUK+ILu8+fA.jpg

AUA+csQHSayZ5PYhOw06Cg.jpg

My wife is in the sleevless blouse just behind the guy with the white shirt and the fedora, and that was where we were all night. You can see Muffy, our paralympic neighbor, who set up the night, in her chair right at the stage.
IJ%wSe2bTJaH3ooVEP9H6w.jpg
9RdA3dx5RjSgmaa5L+1G8Q.jpg
ouCfgRrkTvuCLCkoAtUcnA.jpg
0+Ik+z0zRsed5Fod42nnbA.jpg
fullsizeoutput_e27b.jpeg
GizQPrsgRjGiyyGOPFPXGA.jpg

Those are great seats. I'm off to see Brit Floyd tonight. I have similar reservations as you do and I'm pretty sure my seats won't be so epic but they won't be bad since the venue has good seats pretty much everywhere. I've never seen these guys but my buddy has and says they are awesome so fingers crossed

Those are great seats. I'm off to see Brit Floyd tonight. I have similar reservations as you do and I'm pretty sure my seats won't be so epic but they won't be bad since the venue has good seats pretty much everywhere. I've never seen these guys but my buddy has and says they are awesome so fingers crossed

Brit Floyd is goddamned amazing. I've got two of their live DVDs, one at Red Rocks and another that I forget the name of, and they put on a hell of a show. Enjoy the concert!

They were really good especially a couple of the "backup singers" The one that did The Great Gig in the Sky was AMAZING. I thought the ticket price was a bit steep given they are still a cover band but they were very good and I would go see them again.

I missed Brit Floyd at Red Rocks.:mad:
Work got in the way.
I love about 10 minutes from Red Rocks. Missing the show sucked.

Killer Queen will be here in a few weeks.
Trying for the day off.

Back