Mojo Request Kill me now...

OGG

Master of the Meh
I have been at Party City trying to get a costume for my 9 year old daughter for over an hour with no end in sight.

This place is a madhouse.

Make it stop........

So my 3 year old blew a gasket tonight telling me 'mommy bought me a firefighter costume, I want to be an astronaut'. He hasn't told his mommy this, only me...

So after nearly 2 hours, and having repeatedly forcing myself to resist the urge to taint-kick somebody, got the costume of choice to the fitting room only to find out that "small" is too small, "large" is WAY too big, and they are all out of "medium".

Ffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

got the costume of choice to the fitting room only to find out that "small" is too small, "large" is WAY too big, and they are all out of "medium".

Wow, that sucks.
Usually the Mark Wein costumes are still plentiful this close to HalloWein.

bigg.gif

So after nearly 2 hours, and having repeatedly forcing myself to resist the urge to taint-kick somebody, got the costume of choice to the fitting room only to find out that "small" is too small, "large" is WAY too big, and they are all out of "medium".

Ffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

You can't deliver a very good taint-kick if you ain't wearing taint-kickin' boots. I keep a pair in the car.

MEXICAN+POINTY+BOOTS.JPG

So what is the costume of choice for your daughter? Most likely the hard to find one, if my past experiences hold true. :rolleyes:

Mojo, Dad.

We generally make our own or order from the web (etsy.com usually). Our son is going to go as Charlie Chaplin, and my wife bought nearly the entire outfit at the Salvation Army for ten bucks.

My son wanted to wear his "Army Man" costume from last year but it didn't fit so we had to order him the same costume a size larger :embarrassed:

My son wanted to wear his "Army Man" costume from last year but it didn't fit so we had to order him the same costume a size larger :embarrassed:

Don't they have Army Navy Surplus stores in CA? OK, it might be tough finding a uniform that would fit a small kid, but you could always wrap him up in it and he can go as an "army man who was shrunk by secret military experiments."

We ordered Walt Jr.'s Frodo costume online.
Cloak, pouch, light-up sword, and ring. Done and done!

My costume is easy. Black jeans, black short, black knit hat, and black leather jacket. BOOM! Opie from SAMCRO!

Sent from my iPhone at a Tijuana donkey show.

Don't they have Army Navy Surplus stores in CA? OK, it might be tough finding a uniform that would fit a small kid, but you could always wrap him up in it and he can go as an "army man who was shrunk by secret military experiments."

We have one here in the Orange Plaza that might as well be on Rodeo Drive. The $25 I spent on Amazon wouldn't get him a fucking T-shirt there. Not sure what army they are getting their surplus from.

We have one here in the Orange Plaza that might as well be on Rodeo Drive. The $25 I spent on Amazon wouldn't get him a fucking T-shirt there. Not sure what army they are getting their surplus from.
I see that a lot with the surplus stores anymore. They used to be great to go to, but lately they are like going to high dollar fashion shops.

I see that a lot with the surplus stores anymore. They used to be great to go to, but lately they are like going to high dollar fashion shops.

Maybe instead of the U.S. Army they are getting their surplus from the Old Navy?

Back