Kei cars and mini trucks/vans

Lerxst

spaghetti and blankets
Are these tiny 1980s and 1990s japanese domestic city cars, trucks, and vans poping up everywhere around you?

They're becoming ubiquitous in my region with all sorts of businesses being established to import, sell, and service them.

The trucks and vans are especially popular as delivery/advertising vehicles or the latest fad with the pnw Instagram influencer vanlife & overlanding crowd.

Ive seen a few but they arnt ubiquitous around here yet.

What I want is a hybrid mini van.
I dont understand why Toyota cant made one with the Prius technology. Seems to me they would only have to size everything up just a little bit. Prius make great travel/camping vehicles because of the great mileage and you can run the AC off the battery at night for like pennies worth of fuel. But they are just a little too small. Size em up just a tiny bit, please!
If such a thing became available Id trade my lumbering 4Runner in a heartbeat.

Now that I think about it there’s somebody on my street who has a late 1990s Civic with a great pearlescent paint job. But that’s it—Boulder is mostly late model cars.

I assume you mean these. There’s a local car lot with a few of them but I havnt seen any in actual use.
56C41D4D-5B53-4C8B-A868-96B1BD94BC06.png

There is one where I live. It's a Nissan Clipper. Didn't know these were a thing, I thought somebody made it so they would have the coolest golf cart to drive around town.

Gas or Diesel...all from the late 80s and early 90s direct from Japan.

I think there's at least 4 JDM Mitsubishi Delicas on my block along with 1 Toyota Hiace

Thanks. I thought the little trucks Ive seen on lots were new. Sure looked it. Maybe new old stock? Anyway I havn't seen anybody actually driving one but I dont live in a major metro.
I'm waiting on a hybrid mini van.

Thanks. I thought the little trucks Ive seen on lots were new. Sure looked it. Maybe new old stock? Anyway I havn't seen anybody actually driving one but I dont live in a major metro.
I'm waiting on a hybrid mini van.

here's one of the places near me that sells them:
https://www.nwminitrucks.com/inventory/body_type/Truck

IIRC the age of the vehicles are the 'loophole' that makes it possible to register them. If they're under 25 years old I don't think they can be on-road registered in the US

I have seen one of those pickup trucks around here but none of the cars. I want one now lol.

Back