I had a super bizarro experience this morning.

2manband

Kick Henry Jackassowski
So it's about 515 AM and I'm in the kitchen, making a salad to take for lunch. I cut a green pepper in half and theres a big ol honey bee crawling slowly up my knife. I of course panicked, rinsed it down the drain and hit the garbage disposal.
But the question remains...where the hell did it come from?!!? It really seems like it was inside the pepper. I didn't see any holes in the pepper, but maybe I cut right through one? I cant imagine it would have survived this long if it got stuck in there while the pepper was forming.
It was crawling very slowly, like you would expect from a refrigerated bee.
Or maybe I was still half dreaming? I had already showered by then, so I wasn't just waking up. I was also completely sober.

I have so many questions.

Last edited:
I wonder if you had entered the kitch at about 4:55 if you would have still seen it ?

We are all glad you are okay. The honey bee left you no other choice.
I'm guessing it was inside the bag of lettuce.

"Excuse me, can you help me find my way home?"
beemoviebee-300x300.png

Sounds to me like it was some kind of Triffid bee that had been taken over by the Triffid pepper.

You did Humanity a favour and could have saved us all from an alien takeover.

Well the bee saga continues:

Today was the last Saturday that the local compost drop-off was open. This morning I woke up early and threw bunch of brush into the truck to drop off. Near the bottom of my 2019 brush pile, I ripped a football sized yellow jacket nest in half as I was trying to pull out a stubborn cyprus branch.

Nothing happened.

Because last night we got the first hard freeze of the year, and all of the spicy jalapeno flies were either dead or dormant.

Had I done this any other day, those bees woulda fuuuuuukkkkkd me up. But today they didn't.

Procrastination pays off, kids!

Last edited:
Well the bee saga continues:

Today was the last Saturday that the local compost drop-off was open. This morning I woke up early and threw bunch of brush into the truck to drop off. Near the bottom of my 2019 brush pile, I ripped a football sized yellow jacket nest in half as I was trying to pull out a stubborn cyprus branch.

Nothing happened.

Because last night we got the first hard freeze of the year, and all of the spicy jalapeno flies were either dead or dormant.

Had I done this any other day, those bees woulda fuuuuuukkkkkd me up. But today they didn't.

Procrastination pays off, kids!
I hope they didn't clog up your garbage disposal. They were already dead. Nevermind.

Last edited:
Back