Has anyone here by any chance seen the movie out now that is called SHOW DOGS?

smurfco

Meatus McPrepuce
I caught this flick over the weekend and can't recommend it enough. Fun for all ages with a script that pleases and dogs with fleases. I just made that up. I mean I just made the joke about fleases up. Actually I made this whole story up. I haven't seen the movie but it really looks terrible.

Anyways back to work everyone.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/25/health/show-dogs-consent-parenting-strauss/index.html

The controversy
"Show Dogs" is a live-action film in which Max, a talking police dog, infiltrates a dog show in order to rescue a kidnapped baby panda. As part of this assignment, Max must endure a genital examination, which is routine for contestants. When Max makes it clear that he is uncomfortable with this, he is advised to endure it by going to a "Zen place." Later, he is rewarded for putting up with this unwanted touching by advancing to the final round.

As pointed out by Terina Maldonado -- publisher of East Mesa Macaroni Kid, a site about the Arizona town outside Phoenix, and author of a post on the film that first drew attention to the issue -- these scenes give children the idea that it's OK for strangers to touch their genitals. And what if they don't like it? No problem, just think of something nice and calm. It's a message that will "groom children to be open to having people touch their privates, even though they don't want it," she wrote.

In a statement, Dawn Hawkins, executive director of the National Center on Sexual Exploitation, pointed out that child abusers often use similar tactics, "telling them to pretend they are somewhere else, and that they will get a reward for withstanding their discomfort."
After initially defending the film, Global Road Entertainment announced that it will be removing the genital exam scenes. "Show Dogs" was pulled from theaters less than a week after opening, and according to Deadline, a new cut will be in theaters this weekend.

It always amazes me when something like this can be made and no one thinks "hey, this is a bad idea".

Might I recommend, instead, this:

p26264_p_v8_ae.jpg

I just read the IMDB write-up of this movie (which I had not heard of before), and as far as I can tell, it is simply a canine version of:

914eeeDsnDL._SY445_.jpg

Back