Game Of Thrones computer desk chairs

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
I want the Lannister one :embarrassed:

$379 +/- is kinda crazy for a computer desk chair though

secretlab-game-of-thrones-chairs-b7rl.jpg

Has anyone here tried one of their chairs yet? From most reviews I've seen they are supposed to be pretty good chairs, maybe not for everyone though. They do have different sizes for shorter/taller people, just a few negative reviews I've seen were for seats being too hard, the moveable arms being loose for that particular chair, etc.

$379 is on the inexpensive end for a desk chair. The really good ones start at $800 and the best are over $1,000.

Are Herman Miller's any good?

Herman Miller is up there with Knoll for the best office furniture. I just checked the price on an Aeron chair and they’re up to $1,275! I remember when they were “only” $800 and were a sign of dotcom era overspending. Back in 2001 some of my coworkers stole them from our offices when the company downsized and didn’t keep an inventory of the extra furniture.

Herman Miller is up there with Knoll for the best office furniture. I just checked the price on an Aeron chair and they’re up to $1,275! I remember when they were “only” $800 and were a sign of dotcom era overspending. Back in 2001 some of my coworkers stole them from our offices when the company downsized and didn’t keep an inventory of the extra furniture.
I've sat in a Herman Miller...not sure which model, the one where the back only comes up to your neck, so no headrest? I can't say I was impressed with it, but one probably has to sit in them day after day to "get" them.

I've always thought that my current car's seat (leather bucket) is very comfortable for me. I can drive in it all day and not feel like my body is being punished. I'm not sure how that would translate into sitting in one at a computer, though.

Are Herman Miller's any good?
I have an Aeron at home.

I love it.

Although the “tread” on a couple of the casters started to crumble. Still not bad after about 10 years.
I ordered new casters for about 100 bucks.

Edit: it’s actually a 1st gen MIRA, not an Aeron. Still a great chair

I have an Aeron at home.

I love it.

Although the “tread” on a couple of the casters started to crumble. Still not bad after about 10 years.
I ordered new casters for about 100 bucks.
They are listed at almost $1300 on the Herman Miller site right now though.

I hope that is list price and not 'street price' :messedup:

They are listed at almost $1300 on the Herman Miller site right now though.

I hope that is list price and not 'street price' :messedup:
I got mine through my old work. They basically extended to employees the price the company got for a bulk buy.
I think it was about $650 Canuckian.

I’m pretty sure you can find a better price than $1300.

My thoughts, too.

I can't find what the material is though. Is it real leather or PU leather?

Brisa Ultrafabrics

In a category of its own, Brisa is designed, engineered and handcrafted with softness, beauty, and durability in mind. The first breathable performance fabrics in its class, Brisa's exclusive ventilation system elevates the experience of comfort in any seating application. Also featuring notable sound absorption properties for noise reduction in busy environments, Brisa is a fabric crafted for the senses. These one-of-a-kind, innovative polyurethane materials are available in a wide range of colors, suitable for a world of application possibilities.

Back