Ford & GM team up to build 9 and 10-speed transmissions

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
http://www.gizmag.com/ford-gm-9-10-speed-transmissions/27103/

I guess since the new Chrysler 200 has a 9-speed ZF tranny, they have to up their game :embarrassed:

I have one question about that one in the 2015 Chrysler 200. It uses a rotary knob to select park, reverse, etc, right? And the 'selections' are P, R, N, and D (and S for the 200S & 200C with a V-6 and paddle shifters).

So my question is, if you are going down a mountain road and want to control your speed with the tranny instead of riding your brakes, how do you do it? There is no selector to shift down on it. :confused:

Is this getting to be like razors?

quintippio.jpg

I have one question about that one in the 2015 Chrysler 200. It uses a rotary knob to select park, reverse, etc, right? And the 'selections' are P, R, N, and D (and S for the 200S & 200C with a V-6 and paddle shifters).

So my question is, if you are going down a mountain road and want to control your speed with the tranny instead of riding your brakes, how do you do it? There is no selector to shift down on it. :confused:

My wife test drove a Ram truck last weekend as part of a dealership event that had that trans in it and hated the rotary shifter thing. I had never heard of it before.

64-chry-tranny-buttons.jpg

Just push "second" or, if you're really in a sporting mood, "first"

:grin:

Reactions: Tig
Back