Epiphone Dot

tgk03

Ain't it crazy?
I am reluctantly selling my Epiphone Dot. I bought it a couple years ago from a fellow forumite.

These days I need some cash more than I need this guitar.

You may remember the broken neck story:

http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/threads/nbngd.19701/#post-296060

It plays very well. Just never bonded with it. The repair is not very discernible. If interested, I'll try and take better picks of the repair.

I was thinking $125 shipped.

epidottk.jpg

UPS wants over $70 to ship this guitar. I had NO IDEA it would cost this much. Should've done my research. Thanks to Mr.Baimun for understanding why I can't follow through. I feel like a heel.

I'll have to sell locally.

Why so much? I can ship guitars from Pittsburgh PA to premier music in orange Co for 38-39 bucks.

They said it was the size of the box. Maybe you get a deal because you do a lot of shipping? I went to UPS -- is there another shipper that would charge less? UPS told me not likely.

Maybe because I went to a retail outlet in a nearby strip mall? Should I try a main shipping hub?

32.12 with no insurance on ups.com estimator. Plus some for dimensions weight. The retail place is definitely up charging.

I had the same problem trying to ship my ASAT. You just have to find a smaller box. I cant remember the total inches but they add three measurements together. Something like 76" but not sure. Just check with UPS. You should be able to ship it for $32ish. That's what I paid at a UPS store. And that was from South Florida to California.

I just went to a local guitar shop and begged them for a box but I have gotten them from GC before too. It is ridiculous but it is all about the box.

I've also went to Guitar Center and pulled boxes out of their dumpster. For sake of being sturdy, you can often put a teeny tiny box around the guitar (in a gig bag) and then put that in another box.

I'll still be interested if you can ship it decently... I'd even send you a few more bucks. I just don't want to (or have you) pay $70.

I've also went to Guitar Center and pulled boxes out of their dumpster. For sake of being sturdy, you can often put a teeny tiny box around the guitar (in a gig bag) and then put that in another box.

I'll still be interested if you can ship it decently... I'd even send you a few more bucks. I just don't want to (or have you) pay $70.
I'll get back to you on Friday. I have some honey-dos, and a project to wrap up. Thanks.

Back