DIY Guitar Mute

miguel

Philistine
I was sitting in the yahd, wailing scales on a solid body, but not plugged in. Out of the corner of my eye, I see my neighbor, who lives diagonally behind me, striding purposely in my direction He is not happy. He announces that he can hear the guitar in his yard. I show him that the guitar is not plugged in. He is still unhappy. I tell him that I thought I was being considerate. I tell him that I can go inside, plug into an old tube amp, and rattle the fillings out of his teeth. He leaves in a huff; I try to play quieter.

GF also complains about the sound from time to time.

franken_zps8tfxt2mj.jpg

This knocked the volume down by about 2/3. It also gets rid of the high highs. It makes it mellow.
I will probably try this on my ice pick Tele.

Who the fuck do you live next to, a cyborg with super sensitive hearing? Tell him to fuck off...

Next time he does that apologize and tell him you’ll go do something productive. Then fire up the weed wacker, mow your lawn, edge your lawn, and clean up with a leaf blower. Or find excuses to fix stuff with a power drill.

cop0cop0 You all are WAY too serious.

I included the story as I thought it was funny. Dude is ok; keeps a eye on my place when I am not there. One day, I was running arpeggios. He walked by and said, "Now you are playing music, instead of that shit you normally play." I laughed and hit him with some nasty pentatonic 4ths. He kept walking.

All of my guitars are Fenders strung with 12s or 13s. Unamplified, they are loud.

The mute thing is for GF. It helps keep things tranquil.

I was playing my old Jazzmaster with flats on it. The flats are dead but the two plain strings are bright. The plain strings will be the next project for the yarn.

cop0cop0 You all are WAY too serious.

I included the story as I thought it was funny. Dude is ok; keeps a eye on my place when I am not there. One day, I was running arpeggios. He walked by and said, "Now you are playing music, instead of that shit you normally play." I laughed and hit him with some nasty pentatonic 4ths. He kept walking.

All of my guitars are Fenders strung with 12s or 13s. Unamplified, they are loud.

The mute thing is for GF. It helps keep things tranquil.

I was playing my old Jazzmaster with flats on it. The flats are dead but the two plain strings are bright. The plain strings will be the next project for the yarn.
We take our guitars seriously....amplified AND unamplified....lol

Back