Car of the Week: 1975 Chrysler Cordoba

(remember, i don't choose them, i just post what they have)

img_2985.jpg

img_2998.jpg

img_3005.jpg

img_2995.jpg

Ralph Michaels chuckles because he knew the question was coming. Yes, he remembers Ricardo Montalban. And yes, his 1975 Chrysler Cordoba has “rich Corinthian leather”! Well, sort of.

“There is no such thing as rich Corinthian leather [laughs]. That was a marketing ploy!” says Michaels, a MoPar-loving car guy from Milwaukee, Wis. “As soon as somebody sees it, the first thing they say is, ‘Does it have the rich Corinthian leather?’ I’m thinking about finding a cardboard cut-out of Ricardo Montalban that I can put up next to the car when we take it to shows.”

read more: https://www.oldcarsweekly.com/features/car-of-the-week-1975-chrysler-cordoba

Cordoba does not have what I need. :grin:

Actually it looks cooler now, as a 70s retro thing. Especially with the sporty white-letter tires. Back then it looked like a lame wanna-be luxury car.
i think they were kinda mashing up the front end of a '52 Mark II and a 1975 Mark IV :shrug:

th

th

Reactions: Tig
400 cid did not mean squat then sad to say. We had a 77 Fury and that was one sad motor. I like that car and the Fury we had but boy build quality was sad. Long hood was great to sit behind and inside very comfortable. Hell, it was the size of most living rooms. I have fond memories of that era. Wait, yeah, I do remember.

We owned one when I was a kid, metallic dark green looked much better. I have fond memories of it. I wasn't the one forking out for gas during the crunch when it was only getting 9mpg though. :)

(remember, i don't choose them, i just post what they have)

img_2985.jpg

img_2998.jpg

img_3005.jpg

img_2995.jpg

Ralph Michaels chuckles because he knew the question was coming. Yes, he remembers Ricardo Montalban. And yes, his 1975 Chrysler Cordoba has “rich Corinthian leather”! Well, sort of.

“There is no such thing as rich Corinthian leather [laughs]. That was a marketing ploy!” says Michaels, a MoPar-loving car guy from Milwaukee, Wis. “As soon as somebody sees it, the first thing they say is, ‘Does it have the rich Corinthian leather?’ I’m thinking about finding a cardboard cut-out of Ricardo Montalban that I can put up next to the car when we take it to shows.”

read more: https://www.oldcarsweekly.com/features/car-of-the-week-1975-chrysler-cordoba

Some air shocks and Cragars would help that a lot.

Some air shocks and Cragars would help that a lot.
And some reinforcement of the body above where the shocks mount.
Air shocks are bad for uni-body cars - well most anyway, and especially MOPARs.

Some blocks on the spring mounts are a better way to go. Just don't forget to check the pinion angle and adjust accordingly.

Cragars? Yep.

Is Corinthian leather better than Thessalonian leather?

A friend of mine in the Air Force had a (1978?) Dodge Magnum with the 400. I remember it being, or at least feeling, fairly quick for a big car. :shrug:

Back