Car of the Week: 1969 Ford Mustang GT Cobra Jet Convertible

[finally got a good one to post]

1969-mustang-gt-r-code-428-cj-convertible-a023.jpg

1969-mustang-gt-r-code-428-cj-convertible-a231.jpg

1969-mustang-gt-r-code-428-cj-convertible-a246.jpg

1969-mustang-gt-r-code-428-cj-convertible-a071.jpg

1969-mustang-gt-convertible-r-code-b005.jpg

'Barn Find' 1969 Mustang GT Cobra Jet convertible is a dream come true!

Every hobbyist dreams of stumbling upon a rare “barn find,” one of those neglected vehicles stowed in an old building for many years or even decades. The hobby’s fascination with barn finds has taken these dusty vehicles to the top echelon of the hobby, and barn finds are arguably the hottest thing going in the collector car world now. Despite the phrase, a barn find need not be found in an actual barn. Garages, old buildings and other structures can hide barn finds. Even an old chicken coop can obscure a hobby gem, as was the case with this rare 1969 Mustang GT convertible with the R-code 428 Cobra Jet and four-speed.

On Dec. 18, 1997, Steve Skinner rescued this GT drop top from a chicken coop in Santa Rosa, Calif., where it had been stowed away for nearly five years. Steve learned about the ’69 Mustang GT convertible from his brother, Mike Skinner, who’d seen it in the classified ad section of a magazine. Mike had first dibs on the car, then backed out and handed off the opportunity to his brother. Steve jumped on the opportunity to purchase it.
Steve and seller Al Weis agreed on a purchase price and the GT convertible was loaded onto an open trailer and transported to Steve’s home in Montana.

read more: https://www.oldcarsweekly.com/features/car-of-the-week-1969-ford-mustang-gt-cobra-jet

I wouldn't mind having a '69 Mustang. Probably my favorite of the classic Mustangs.
i'm kind of more on the '68 version.

a 1968 Mustang GT 390 Fastback in Highland Green, with American Racing rims would be quite nice :idea: [hint, hint] :bigg:

edit: kinda like this one :eek:
th

i'm kind of more on the '68 version.

a 1968 Mustang GT 390 Fastback in Highland Green, with American Racing rims would be quite nice :idea: [hint, hint] :bigg:

edit: kinda like this one :eek:
th

Basically, it's splitting hairs. Any 60s Mustang that still exists is something I would want!!!!

I would love to have this mustang. I think I'd prefer a hard top, but I could live with the vert.

I'm not big on Mustang convertibles, but that's a nice one. It would look much nicer with a pretty woman driving it.

It looks a bit plain, because of the convertable styling which means no fastback. The wheels they chose doesnt help.

Still, a very cool car!

It looks a bit plain, because of the convertable styling which means no fastback. The wheels they chose doesnt help.

Still, a very cool car!
but, those are the correct GT wheels and cap, that's what it's supposed to have on it.

Back