Car of the Week: 1969 Ford Cobra

1969-ford-cobra-a031.jpg

1969-ford-cobra-a126.jpg

1969-ford-cobra-a096.jpg

1969-ford-cobra-a182.jpg

1969-ford-cobra-a199.jpg

While taking in the weekly Bakers of Milford Sunday car show in Milford, Mich., I made eye contact with the front grille and four headlamps on what appeared to be an uncommon 1969 Ford Fairlane formal roof two-door hardtop. The glossy black paint on the sleek hood and the black vinyl top made the car stand out as it slithered toward me.

The owner eased the Fairlane up the paved access road while looking for a spot on the show field. The car kept my stare and as it rolled by, my eyes locked on the rectangular “428” fender badge and snake emblem on the driver’s side fender. While stopped in my tracks, I thought to myself, “Could it be real?” Then I spotted the snake emblem with scripted “COBRA” letters on the deck lid and went into “seek, find and discovery” mode. It was worth risking a bite to learn if this was an honest-to-goodness 1969 Cobra or someone’s gussied-up Fairlane Torino.

read more: https://www.oldcarsweekly.com/features/car-of-the-week-1969-ford-cobra

That Cobra looks nice, I just can't figure out why the original owner ordered the vinyl top though

It would look so much better without it, and be cheaper, to boot.

Back