Car of the Week: 1967 Chevy II Nova SS

67-nova-ss-steve-nova-lrgfile.jpg

pa278137.jpg

p8290010.jpg

1967-ss-engine.jpg

When Young went to his local Chevy dealership in Grass Valley, Calif., in search of a new transmission mount for that ’65 Nova, he laid eyes on his next and last Nova: the 1967 Super Sport featured here.

“I drove down to Meier Chevrolet and there was a 1967 Nova SS on the corner of their lot on an elevated ramp, angled upwards so the car appeared to be climbing, and I came home with it. My dad was furious,” he said.

Young saw very few Nova Super Sports and said the car was an uncommon sight in his corner of California, which made it further stand out. With about 53,000 miles on the odometer, its fine condition also helped the 5-year-old used car stand apart.

“All of the chrome was covered with cigarette smoke residue, which preserved it,” he said. “The interior was in great condition. There was a lot of sand in it, in the carpet. I have wondered off and on if it had gotten submerged — it’s a mystery.”

Everything but the Nova’s clock worked, and he said after he and his dad rebuilt it 10 times, it still didn’t work. To this day, the clock still doesn’t tic-toc.

Included with the Nova SS was its Protecto-Plate showing the original owners’ names, so Young called them to learn the car’s history.

read more: https://www.oldcarsweekly.com/features/car-of-the-week-1967-chevy-ii-nova

Reactions: Tig
I love that the car is a driver and not a restoration. There's something timeless about that body style. It's a solid, muscular looking car.

My first car was a 63 Chevy II Nova. Black with a white convertible top and a straight 6.
66swXJr.jpg

This one is much nicer looking than the one I owned. But hey, you get the idea.

Back