Car of the Week: 1952 Plymouth Suburban

1952-plymouth-suburban-3.jpg

1952-plymouth-suburban-1.jpg

1952-plymouth-suburban-8.jpg

When most car collectors dream, their wish lists start with something fast, exotic or glamorous. Ferraris, Duesenbergs, Porsches, Corvettes, Mustangs, Cadillacs … there are too many pie-in-the-sky cars in the world to count.

Dick Romm might have been the only guy around with a 1952 Plymouth Suburban near the top of his list. The Eugene, Ore., resident can’t quite pinpoint why, but he wanted one for many years.

“I remember I had an old Mechanics Illustrated, and Tom McCahill took one from Florida to New York and he raved about it,” laughs Romm. “I always wanted one after that. I’ve always been into Plymouths. We always had them — they were kind of a pioneering car.

“Well, I started collecting a few cars and I always wanted one of those [Suburbans]. We looked for them, but a lot of them were either junk, customized, or had very, very expensive restorations… But I finally found one!”

read more:https://www.oldcarsweekly.com/car-of-the-week/car-of-the-week-1952-plymouth-suburban

Nice.

I’m pretty sure we had one of these in the driveway when I was a kid.
I never saw it running, but the lights always worked, and the horn... much to the chagrin of the tenant in the shack at the end of our driveway. My friends and I used to sit in it and play.
It was also used as a pen for our pet bunny.

The car was always referred to as “The Pig.”

Nice.

I’m pretty sure we had one of these in the driveway when I was a kid.
I never saw it running, but the lights always worked, and the horn... much to the chagrin of the tenant in the shack at the end of our driveway. My friends and I used to sit in it and play.
It was also used as a pen for our pet bunny.

The car was always referred to as “The Pig.”
the 'car' that i used to play in at my best friends house was his dad's 1948 CJ-2. and it was a COLUMN shift. it was fun, and i've been a jeep CJ fan ever since.

Back