Car of the Week: 1935 LaSalle Series 50 convertible coupe

img_8525.jpg

img_8481.jpg

img_8475.jpg

I started a business when I was 26, and when I kind of got my head above water at age 40 decided to do what I wanted to … What I wanted was a '48 Cadillac — that was the year I was born and the first year of the body change after World War II. That was a really neat car. I started getting more informed and more into it and said, "I’d like to get myself a 1930s car,” but I really didn’t know which one. I wanted something with running boards, something that was a convertible with a rumble seat, but I didn’t really know much more. I ran into an acquaintance who sold cars, and he said, ‘Randy, what you want is a LaSalle!" So we looked up the ‘35 in manuals and I said, "Whoa, this is what I want: side mounts, the top went down, and more importantly the windshield was only 9 inches high and it was real streamlined."

read more: https://www.oldcarsweekly.com/features/car-of-the-week-1935-lasalle-series-50-convertible-coupe

That looks great!

If my memory serves me, LaSalle's were just cheaper Cadillacs? Cheaper in price anyways :embarrassed:

That looks great!

If my memory serves me, LaSalle's were just cheaper Cadillacs? Cheaper in price anyways :embarrassed:
i don't know about "cheaper". maybe a few bucks less, but i don't think the word "cheaper" really fits.
i had a buddy who had one. nothing cheap about that car.

Back