Best classic Van's shoe

Best Classic vans

• Total voters

I prefer these:
F45712AF-650C-4C8C-874C-DB8125305D19.jpeg

Just looking at those shoes makes my feet hurt.

My tired old feet need arch support.
you know...there's something about the rubber gum sole though....once vans mold to yer feet ....oh my ! FWIW I just got some Old Skool Pro's yesterday ...OMG!!!!11! the Ultra cush insert in these are righteous bro...RIGHTEOUS !

My feet are very, very narrow, and never work that well with Vans. But they and Nike SB used to be the guys sending over by far the most free shoes for shop crew when I worked in a skateshop. I really liked the Halfcab pro's and oldskools they sent over. Sk8 hi's are nice, but for some reason they always push on my big toe from the top. Wouldn't really pay for them though, especially the quality of the "normal" lines was absolute garbage at some point.

We wore authentic's and slipons because we skated, then they got popular. You could send in your own fabric for custom shoes.
I'd never wear anything with that flat, squared off heel again unless I want shin splints.

My feet are very, very narrow, and never work that well with Vans. But they and Nike SB used to be the guys sending over by far the most free shoes for shop crew when I worked in a skateshop. I really liked the Halfcab pro's and oldskools they sent over. Sk8 hi's are nice, but for some reason they always push on my big toe from the top. Wouldn't really pay for them though, especially the quality of the "normal" lines was absolute garbage at some point.
so you are sayin' you got dainty feet :cop:

I picked “authentic”, they look the best to me, but I wear boat shoes so I wouldn’t know much more beyond that.

I'm no expert, but the rumor is Van's sold its "sole" decades ago. I went Old School because it sounded cool.

Last edited:
I got a pair of these for rainy/cold/outdoors days:

Vans-Sk8-Hi-MTE-Pat-Moore.jpg

and a pair of these for sunny/warm days and casual nights out:

XG8DJ6-HERO

The Spicolli is the only true Vans shoe. And it really needs to be checkerboard.

I need a new pair.

Back