Dig it! AI designed a pedal - NPD!

dodgechargerfan

CanadianGary
Administrator
Sort of.

The guys at REVV were playing around with ChatGPT for funny commercial scripts and stuff like that and inevitably drifted into trying to get it to design a pedal.

They took it to their president and lead designer and he shot it down right away, but took the design and fixed it so it would work and added his ‘voice’ to it.

REVV announced it on their live stream tonight from Gearfest at Sweetwater and had a bunch of guitar YouTubers join the stream and check it out.

It’s up on Sweetwater for pre-order. If ya care.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ChatBreaker--revv-chat-breaker-overdrive-pedal

IMG_1379.jpeg

I pre-ordered right from REVV.
It arrived last Friday.

It came with a laminate like a backstage laminate - that has the serial number on it. Like a COA.
They only made 500.

IMG_2589.jpeg

This was really interesting when I first saw it, sounds great from the demos i've heard too. How have you been liking it?

Sounds like a dirt pedal.
Yeah. ChatGPT basically came up with something based on the Blues Breaker circuit, but messed it up to a point where it wouldn’t work at all - power section wasn’t right.

Dan recognised the schematic though, and took it from there - fixed the power section, added his own voice to it.

Back