DdBob

Dogue in teh desert
who is the most Canadian of these...

April Wine
The Trailer Park Boys
Bryan Adams
RUSH
The Tragically Hip

The Tragically Hip. You should probably be arrested if you bring them up and you're not Canadian, a border dweller, or some internet weirdo.

sgtpreston_king.jpg

Not really representative.
I didn't know that kind of community/lifestyle existed until that show aired, and I knew people that lived in trailer homes.

Bryan Adams can f*ck right off. He's probably a nice enough guy. I don't know. His music is annoying and he's not (well) known for doing Canadian things. He's just a successful Canadian.

The guys in RUSH are nice people that do nice things for the world around them and are famous for what they do, but all in all, they are just successful Canadians that are also nice people.
They are involved in lots of philanthropic endeavors and are well rounded in the arts and society in general.

I keep forgetting that April Wine is Canadian. So...
Not that I am the judge is who is and isn't the 'most' Canadian. I'm just explaining MY logic for my response.
I also keep forgetting what songs are theirs.

The Tragically Hip do a lot of 'Canadian' things.
They have a canoe paddle branding deal, for crying out loud.
A lot of the lyrics they've written are about Canadian history, events, and concerns.
There's lots more, I'm sure. I go on about it but I'm not a super-fan. I have some music and some swag/souvenirs and I've seen them live 2 or 3 times.

Ya know who's not in the list and probably should be? At least in the context of telling Canadian stories through music.

Back