A very special Arcturus. Now with 100% more Arcturi!

dougk

b00b
First one of these up and running:

162584959.jpg

162584960.jpg

162584961.jpg

162584962.jpg

162584963.jpg

The first of a limited run of 1 piece, old growth flamed (natural felled) Redwood. I have enough to do another 6-7 of these. It's FANTASTIC. Unlike the burl run, this Redwood is very light and sonically fairly different than the burl's were. (burl being closer to alder, this being closer to pine).

Doug, you're killin' me! You make some very beautiful guitars, that from all accounts will play as good as they look.

I'm not a fan of flames, hate the PRS aesthetic, think that beautiful wood is wasted on solidbodies, that electric guitars that look like expensive furniture are pretentious and overcompensating, etc.

But those are fucking gorgeous and I fucking want one.

I'm not a fan of flames, hate the PRS aesthetic, think that beautiful wood is wasted on solidbodies, that electric guitars that look like expensive furniture are pretentious and overcompensating, etc.

But those are fucking gorgeous and I fucking want one.

I think our general customer base agrees with you. At least based on Banshee sales, we paint one in leopard print metal flake and it sells immediately, do a sunburst one and I'll be stuck with it forever.

BUT sometimes, it's just too pretty to cover up. :wink:

Redwood flame? That’s the kind of wood that should be a $16,000 Kauer Select Stock guitar.

Redwood flame? That’s the kind of wood that should be a $16,000 Kauer Select Stock guitar.

I can never price this stuff. Normal Arcturus like this is 2950 and I'm thinking 3600'ish for any more of these. That feels way to cheap... but I have a hard time charging more just cause it's fancy.

Absolutely amazing. The best yet by far.

That offer to trade a 150' redwood for one still stands (in my yard):)

but I have a hard time charging more just cause it's fancy.

You wouldn't be charging more because it's fancy. You'd be charging more because some people want to pay a huge premium for a guitar. Just like some people want to pay a thousand dollars for a bottle of Gaja, just because it costs a thousand dollars. Execept that your guitars are much better than Gaja's wine.

You wouldn't be charging more because it's fancy. You'd be charging more because some people want to pay a huge premium for a guitar. Just like some people want to pay a thousand dollars for a bottle of Gaja, just because it costs a thousand dollars. Execept that your guitars are much better than Gaja's wine.

I will say this, it was genuinely the most expensive wood we've used for a body and I only have enough to do another 5-6 of them.

Thanks everyone!

I really just think that you should ship it to me. I will play it live. You will have the exposure of me playing your guitar. It's a good deal for everyone.

Back