Mediocringly Derivative
kfuesjeiywplydkc7rvd.jpg

clq6dnzhwwvjh3creu0i.jpg

ty69rw2hohhjndrdvjqk.jpg

caoqcl9cgaguxgtkrwua.jpg

auurrv3lqhyuyhzfopvh.jpg

kguiziat6fdpgxco3mlr.jpg

Hagstrom H-1

1960's Hagstrom H-1 Vintage Guitar. Here's a nice example of this guitar that was used by many on stage including David Bowie. Guitar must be missing Hagstrom Logo or maybe never put on at factory. You can see the paper vintage label on back of headstock. Guitar plays and sounds great, with no issues, and looks to be all original too. As for most of these models, the vinyl is open at sean to body shown in pics. This is not going anywhere and has been like this for years. The center section on the H-1 is not a speaker but just looks like it is. A very cool guitar that has the look.

https://reverb.com/item/2664988-hagstrom-h-1-1960-s-cool-vintage-guitar

@emmaporkchop, you're up for next week.

Really, really, really awful.

I know the GPOTD is a thankless job, but man.......this is truly terrible.

File this one under "Who would buy that? Who would take that for free?"

Is that a bicycle reflector in between the pickups?

A vinyl covered guitar?

Just.....wow.

Not interested. Not all vintage guitars are great. Some were shitplanks new and remain shitplanks today. I can't say if this is one, but it sure looks like it.

Last edited:
I should hate it, but I don't. On he other hand I have seen some of these locally and they're always a mess.

"@emmaporkchop, you're up for next week." - Looking forward to doing it, not sure who's after me though.

I was going to say something like "they made a bunch of shitty guitars in the '60s", but then I realized that they've always made shitty guitars, and they always will make shitty guitars, as long as people keep buying shitty guitars...

I wonder what the switches do. One for each pickup on/off, sure, but then what? In phase/out of phase? Coil taps?

Hmmm, it looks kind of quirky. The Goya branded Hagstroms (which are kind of cool IMO) are similar to this one. I'd at least take it for a spin (thought I'm not sure if I'd like it).

Early 60s Goya
goya-model-80-60s-cons-full-1.jpg

Back