2022 gear recap

mystixboi1

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Time for the 2022 gear recap. So what gear came in/out/stayed?

I don’t think I’ve ever moved this much gear in my life. Here’s everything that went in/out:

Prs custom 24 core with piezo

Prs custom 24 se in Bonnie pink

Prs chris Robinson sig

Prs piezo Hollowbody ii

Prs Hollowbody se

Ibanez Tom Quayle signature

5 firefly guitars

Fender American fat strat deluxe

Multiple Ibanez rg models

Balaguer DC Astra

Ibanez Az242bc

Mesa Recotoverb 25 combo

Synergy set up

Suhr modern satin

HB dc

HB custom ii p90

EVH Wolfgang Special in Purple metallic

Boss katana 50

Came in and stayed

Marshall jcm 2000 dsl 50

Boss katana 59 mkii

Ibanez js2450 in purple

Ibanez rg550

Ibanez atz10p

Charvel kenrik sig

Baimun mystix strat

Multiple Harley Benton guitars

How about you?

In (not just guitar gear btw):
EBMM Luke II (used) - just recently upgraded with passive pickups and a Ghost piezo system
Harley Benton TE60
Blackstar HT20 mkII
Kemper powered Kabinet
Zildjian 14" New Beat Hats and 21" A Sweet Ride. Fantastic sounding cymbals.

Sold the Gibson MIII I've had for yonks. Got a shitload of money for it. Win.

The Harley Benton will definitely be going. Was bought as a mod platform where I wanted to use a Warmoth neck I had lying around, and that turned out to be a bit of a disaster.
Non-standard dimensions and placements on pretty much everything on that guitar made that project near impossible. It's got kickass pickups in it, if nothing else - and plays better than when I got it.
Can't see myself ever using it on a gig though.

Blackstar amp probably going as well. It's a good amp, but not quite right for me. Going to try a speaker upgrade on it first though, which might change my mind.
Way too bright for my taste at the moment.

The rest of the gear though is going to be around for a long long time. Quality stuff.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shopping_addiction

Here’s to a 2023 with acceptance and rehab.

This is actually something I need to address for myself. I am going to try really hard not to buy anything this year, or at least dial the buying way, way back. I can’t speak for mystix but I 100% buy stuff compulsively as a coping mechanism. I wind up selling a lot, and I usually keep an eye out for good deals, so fortunately it hasn’t really put me into financial ruin. But it has gotten pretty out of hand. I don’t even post everything I buy on here anymore because I feel kind of ashamed

Didn't we have this thread?

Less than a fortnight ago. But I missed it.

So, here goes.

Sfaict, I bought 2 items (strings/picks/cords/etc. excepted) in 2022.

IN
:

Joyo Uzi Distortion

pedal_digital_joyo_uzi_distortion_1553375429_4_20190814201652.jpg

Bought locally used. I have no idea what I paid, but rest assured it was a pittance.

Second item: Squier Standard Jagmaster ($125 USD w/gigbag):

51949680095_8e28f033a3_b.jpg

OUT:

I sold this li'l hybrid Vox with modeling, a Vox AD30VT XL , because in 2021 I had acquired a Vox AC30 CC2. The original stock version had a metal grille, but I replaced (covered) it with some proper Vox cloth, which no doubt helped move it on.

52428415618_fa421c7199_c.jpg

For the past few years, I've just bought/sold only one or two items per year, as I'm basically out of storage space here at otherwise stately Casa Krashpad.

In (not just guitar gear btw):
EBMM Luke II (used) - just recently upgraded with passive pickups and a Ghost piezo system
Harley Benton TE60
Blackstar HT20 mkII
Kemper powered Kabinet
Zildjian 14" New Beat Hats and 21" A Sweet Ride. Fantastic sounding cymbals.

Sold the Gibson MIII I've had for yonks. Got a shitload of money for it. Win.

The Harley Benton will definitely be going. Was bought as a mod platform where I wanted to use a Warmoth neck I had lying around, and that turned out to be a bit of a disaster.
Non-standard dimensions and placements on pretty much everything on that guitar made that project near impossible. It's got kickass pickups in it, if nothing else - and plays better than when I got it.
Can't see myself ever using it on a gig though.

Blackstar amp probably going as well. It's a good amp, but not quite right for me. Going to try a speaker upgrade on it first though, which might change my mind.
Way too bright for my taste at the moment.

The rest of the gear though is going to be around for a long long time. Quality stuff.

how do you like the HB te? I got one too... lots of guitar for the cash.

how do you like the HB te? I got one too... lots of guitar for the cash.

Decent for the money. It's dirt cheap, so....
After a full fret job and setup it plays fairly well.
But... it's not a great guitar. And most of the mods I tried on it didn't really work, as it doesn't really follow normal Fender specs like most other Tele style guitars do.
Slightly too wide neck pocket, non-standard screw sizes on both neck, pickups and other things. Wrong bridge placement, which they for some odd reason compensated for by making a slightly longer neck than usual (I tried using another neck on the guitar, but that made it impossible to intonate). String through holes slightly too big, which makes the ferrules fall out during string changes.
Even the bridge is non-standard sized, so you can't really replace it without drilling into the body.

Maybe it was just the one I got, but all of these things added up made my whole project of modding it a waste of time and money, and I have no desire for ever buying another HB.

Probably going to revert back to stock parts on it and get rid. Can't see myself using it much really.

This is actually something I need to address for myself. I am going to try really hard not to buy anything this year, or at least dial the buying way, way back. I can’t speak for mystix but I 100% buy stuff compulsively as a coping mechanism. I wind up selling a lot, and I usually keep an eye out for good deals, so fortunately it hasn’t really put me into financial ruin. But it has gotten pretty out of hand. I don’t even post everything I buy on here anymore because I feel kind of ashamed

It breaks my heart to read that you "feel kind of ashamed". There are so many shitty people in this world that should be ashamed. You aren't one of them.

I buy way too much as well, for no real reason, usually when I’m bored. Luckily, I’m very well paid for what I do, so I can afford it, but I don’t post a lot of what I buy either. Sometimes, I’ll sell something within a week of it showing up. I have gotten better recently, but I’d like to get even better about it.

It breaks my heart to read that you "feel kind of ashamed". There are so many shitty people in this world that should be ashamed. You aren't one of them.

^This! You're a good guy Charles and supremely talented. I feel fortunate and blessed to have gotten the chance to meet and play with you at Moestock. You deserve whatever gear you wish!

I sold or traded:
Katana 50
Headrush FRFR108
Reverend BC-1

Bought or got in trade:
Fender Tele Modern Player Deluxe (or something)
Spark amp
Nemesis Delay

As for shopping though, I have a bad habit of drinking and shopping. That's how I ended up with an $800 Optimus Prime. (Thanks @baimun) :baimun:

In and back out:
Smurfco's Am Pro Strat-fine guitar, just not a Strat guy I guess.
Yamaha 5 string bass-thought the extra string would be cool but nah, dont need it.
Out:
All 5 of my Nocturne pedals-Dyno Brain & Jr Barnyard preamps, Fluid Drive, Mystery Brain Delay, El Pescadero Reverb
In:
2020 ebony SG Standard
Slightly used Ventura 60s Jazz bass
EQD Special Cranker
EQD Afterneath ambient reverb
OBNE Black Fountain Oil Can Delay
Roland VR 09 B Stage Keyboard/Organ/Piano/Synth
SX 8 string lap steel

Glad I could help. :helper:

Post some vids. I’m still debating about the unfranchised $300 one.
I will when I get it back. I had to send it in for repairs. One of the hands wasn't transforming or moving properly. Not a good sign but they sent me a prepaid shipping label and it's in their hands now. I could have just done a return but it's so dang cool!

Back