2008 Gretsch G6199 White Billy-Bo Jupiter Thunderbird

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
http://rebel-guitars.com/preowned-2008-gretsch-g6199-white-billy-bo-jupiter-thunderbird/

Gretsch-Billy-Bo-1.jpg

Here is a 2008 Gretsch 6199 “Billy-Bo” Jupiter Thunderbird in White with Gold sparkle binding. 2008 celebrates 125 years of Gretsch Guitars. The back of the headstock features the Anniversary decal. Rare model to find without the Bigsby.

Specs include; White Penguin finish (White with Gold Sparkle binding & trussrod cover), laminated Maple
 top, a Gloss Urethane Finish
, 22 frets, thumbnail markers, Rosewood
 fretboard, TV Jones Power’Tron Bridge Pickup and a TV Jones Power’Tron Neck Pickup, Pinned Rosewood-based Adjusto-Matic Gretsch bridge, G-cutout gold tailpiece, Sperzel locking tuners, Gold Plexi pickguard, and Schaller Straplocks. Excellent condition. Still has protective plastic over the backplates. Comes with OHSC and all paperwork.

Gretsch-Billy-Bo-935.jpg

• Gretsch G6199 “Billy-Bo” Jupiter Thunderbird Features:
  • Color: White with Gold Sparkle Binding
  • Scale Length: 24.6″ (625mm)
  • Top: Laminated Maple
  • Back & Sides: Heavily Chambered Mahogany Body
  • Neck: 1-Piece Mahogany
  • Pickups: 1 TV Jones Power’Tron Plus (Bridge), 1 Tv Jones® Power’tron (Neck)
  • Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle:
  • - Position 1. Bridge Pickup
  • - Position 2. Bridge & Neck Pickups
  • - Position 3. Neck Pickup
  • Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume, Master Tone
  • Width at Nut: 1-11/16″ (43mm)
  • Fretboard: Rosewood
  • Bridge: Pinned Adjusto-Matic Bridge
  • Tailpiece: Gretsch G-Cutout Tailpiece
  • Hardware: Gold-Plated
  • Finish: Gloss Urethane
  • No. of Frets: 22
  • Machine Heads: Gold Plated Sperzel Locking Tuners
  • Case: Gretsch Custom Hardshell Case
$3199.00 + Shipping

Would hit. Hard.

BTW if you've ever played one, you'd find they are incredibly comfortable guitars to play. Honestly, I have one Big Boy (our version) body left... one of these days I'm going to do something with it.

Would hit. Hard.

BTW if you've ever played one, you'd find they are incredibly comfortable guitars to play. Honestly, I have one Big Boy (our version) body left... one of these days I'm going to do something with it.

Starry Night... :love:

Reactions: Tig
Too conservative for my tastes. :wink:

I dig it, but I am not cool enough to pull off playing that guitar.

That's about the only Gretsch I'd be interested in owning. That said, the price can suck a bag of falcons and/or penguins!

Back