sceuzdkahu96kphaukmd.jpg

jqgqhiadmypqpop95wvq.jpg

gtgoypllqnxle8efe4pc.jpg

yle0b9yfny25lvbfoytv.jpg

pmvtzpgz7tzoo2bqntlh.jpg

dh5apbbbvfa9ssjntxxt.jpg

uzlu993xu9ynkuhfbecy.jpg

PT Berger Olde Stockdale #8

Here is a fantastic guitar, super light and what a sound! It's time to move it on to someone who will play it more, as I'm paring down my music stuff. Here is a description of it by PT himself, who describes it way better than I could. I have played it probably 4 hours total. Make me an offer!

From the ad when I got it: “PT Berger "Bakersfield' OLDE STOCKDALE - Custom Semi-hollow ES Thinline Hybrid, gorgeous AAA flame-maple top with matching headstock in "Mango Iced Tea" finish.

This is #8 from small custom run of 12 Olde Stockdale guitars.

* Very nicely made unique and innovative instrument, uniquely chambered, extra lightweight thinline body design, feather light < 5.5 lbs. A joy to play!

* Slightly deeper cutaway for enhanced access to full upper register

* Fancy multiply binding, double-bound body front and back with 2 bound f-holes

* Vintage tinted one-piece maple neck, comfy "Easy C" neck profile, 1 11/16" nut width * Full scale (25.5") 22-fret fingerboard * Bound Ebony fingerboard, cleanly designed without inlay

* Tunamatic bridge with clean through-body string anchor design

* Uniquely placed volume/tone controls facilitate jazz and fingerstyle playing *

* One vintage-voiced BergerBucker neck pickup with Push/Pull split coil knob for wide array of tones. Volume knob (with split-coil function) upper bout, Tone knob/lower horn.

* Jazz and fingerstyle players tend to play in a more focused, controlled space on their instruments as their fingers weave through intricate chords, scales and picking patterns (verses say Pete Townsend’s Windmill Power Chord technique!) Integrating the controls within this “vertical playing plane” enables adjustments with only the subtlest hand movement, requiring less time off the strings and a more seamless performance. Volume knob (with split-coil Push/Pull function) upper bout ; Tone/Roll-off knob, lower horn.

Exc condition, shop demo, a titch of light pickwear. AAA top, beautiful guitar+++ ! Plays very smooth and easy, very versatile - nice warm to rockin' tones - great jazz guitar!

Designed by PT Berger as small-batch custom run, and includes a PT Berger gig bag.

While I don't like this one, I have seen a few from him that look good. Has anyone played a Berger?

Not diggin' this one. There are aspects of it that I like, but when you put them all together, it just doesn't work for me.

While I don't like this one, I have seen a few from him that look good. Has anyone played a Berger?

No, but I believe Bergers are part of a Chinese distribution company that is not really in the music business; regardless, here's the Berger home page: http://www.ptbergerguitars.com.

While I like that the Bergers are a bit different, I would be very curious to see what the workmanship is on them.

Back