I can relate.

The company I worked for went hog wild on team building, ideation, synergy, collaboration, personality types (are you a ruby or a sapphire?), etc. I would routinely get called out by my boss for letting my derision for such nonsense be obvious even though unspoken.

I discovered that I could actually turn it around and have fun with it. I got on board. On board with every fad management fluff trend that came along. I would participate 150% percent. It was obvious to everyone pushing this crap that I was making fun of the system, but I was very careful to not go so far over the top that anyone could call me out (What? little old me being a smartass? I'm hurt that my work family would fail to to support my efforts.).

Eventually, the company realized that if you just get out of the way, the people doing the work would happily and quickly get the job done.
 
Similar/adjacent, I found this a while back. . . it's amazing how much of it reads like a how-to manual for working in civil service. As a supervisor, I see staff pull this shit all the time, and most of the time it's not even intentional :thwap:

Simple Sabotage Field Manual
 
Millennial daughter who currently has a supervisory role constantly tells me that GenZ workers totally embody this ethos while in their 20s. They have no fucks to give and absolutely refuse to work late for any reason. This would all be admirable, but sadly they also lack any semblance of critical thinking, writing, or social skills. I weep for the future...
 
Millennial daughter who currently has a supervisory role constantly tells me that GenZ workers totally embody this ethos while in their 20s. They have no fucks to give and absolutely refuse to work late for any reason. This would all be admirable, but sadly they also lack any semblance of critical thinking, writing, or social skills. I weep for the future...
The GenX view represented above is more about the corporate bull shit that gets in the way of getting work done.
 
Back
Top