Gig Report: Hey why don't you post the single line or lyric from song always makes the tears well up in your eye

A heart that’s full up like a landfill
A job that slowly kills you
Bruises that won’t heal
 
Hard to find one line but Ben Folds, The Luckiest tears me up every time. Here's verse 1.

I don't get many things right the first time
In fact, I am told that a lot
Now I know all the wrong turns, the stumbles and falls
Brought me here
And where was I before the day
That I first saw your lovely face?
Now I see it everyday
And I know
That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest
 
One day I looked up and he's pushin' eighty
And there's brown tobacco stains all down his chin
Well to me he's one of the heroes of this country
So why's he all dressed up like them old men?

A day before he died, I went to see him
And I was grown and he was almost gone
So we just closed our eyes and dreamed us up a kitchen
And sang another verse to that old song
"Come on, Jack, that son of a bitch is comin'"

We're desperados waitin' for a train
Like desperados waitin' for a train
 
"You let me violate you....
You let me desecrate you...
You let me penetrate you...
You let me complicate you..."




Oh wait... you mean "sad" tears? :confused:


>puts away ball gag and cat-o-nine-tails.... < :helper:
 
It's finally over, It's finally over now
And you can rest assured my friend 'cause you'll be resting anyhow
I hate to leave you, hate to say goodbye
I'm sure to hear your voice come through in the early morning sky
What am I supposed to do in my afternoons?
No, I won't hear your call
No, I won't see you soon
What can you say to me to ease my heart in pain?
Could you send a ray of light to come down and dry the rain again?
Merci
 
20220216_132012.jpg
 
And sometimes when you're on, you're really fucking on
And your friends they sing along and they love you.
But the lows are so extreme that the good seems fucking cheap
And it teases you for weeks in its absence.
 
Honestly, I think the kicker in cats in the cradle gets me, even though my relationship with my father doesn't relate to the song at all.

And probably the "mostly they made love from ten miles away" line from Donald and Lydia by John Prine. It seems silly to get chills from finding out the two main characters were just jacking off, but that's the genius of Prine.
 
there are so many.....but here's one of them....

"has anybody here
seen my old friend john
can you tell me where he's gone......"
 
And it never did occur to me to leave, 'til tonight.
When I realized he'll never be alright
Sign my name and say my last goodbye, then decide,
that there's nothing here that can't be left behind.
 
I enjoy a good cry to music, I actually seek it out sometimes. One of my buddies asked me once 'are you going to stay at home this afternoon drinking bourbon and crying to Gram Parsons?' and he was actually right. I tell people 'I won't be coming out this Saturday, I plan on listening to music and crying'.

So with that thought in mind, one of my favorite blubbing songs is '$1000 Dollar Wedding' by Gram Parsons. The bit where he starts singing about the Reverend Doctor William Grace is the 'oh fuck, it's coming' part. And then when he gets to the 'Where's the flowers for my girl?' bit, that's when I bust out crying.



Segue: how fucking great are Emmylou and James Burton? Incredible.
 
"It's been so lonesome on the saddle since my horse died."

Am I the only one who pictures a cowboy, slumped over in his saddle, crying... with that saddle draped over a coin operated mechanical horse ? :embarrassed:


"Hey Tex... ya need ta stop cryin'... Yer 'horse' is rusting."

mqdefault.jpg


:helper:
 
Back
Top