ZZ Top

Billy does a couple amusing TV commercials for Fiesta Mart now, whipping up some guacamole and whatnot.

billy_gibbons.jpg

After I discovered Dime-A-Dozen (live show trading site), I began downloading all of the ZZ Top boots I could find. One thing became depressing clear - for any given tour, their shows are almost *exactly* the same. Not only are the set lists identical, but even Gibbon's banter is the same, delivered at the same point of the show.

I love ZZ Top, and I would have went to see them in Bowling Green last weekend had it been warmer, but they are pretty much the definition of "phoning it in".

After I discovered Dime-A-Dozen (live show trading site), I began downloading all of the ZZ Top boots I could find. One thing became depressing clear - for any given tour, their shows are almost *exactly* the same. Not only are the set lists identical, but even Gibbon's banter is the same, delivered at the same point of the show.

I love ZZ Top, and I would have went to see them in Bowling Green last weekend had it been warmer, but they are pretty much the definition of "phoning it in".
I saw ZZ Top a few years ago and loved the show. But the set list was almost identical to the Live in Texas album with the notable exception of they opened with I Thank You (which is a song they often open with anyway).

That said, it's worth going just to see what Gibbons drags on tour with him.

Back