ZOMG SUPER DUPER

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
Took this weekend's PBOTD to rehearsal tonight with the cover band. As you may remember, I'm on bass and we play power pop.

The entire board is a tuner and the Super Duper mounted to a clipboard. I had been bringing my Eventide Pitchfactor to cop some Cheap Trick tones. But when we played those songs tonight, nobody missed it. So now I can just leave it on the guitar board.

The Super Duper itself was everything I want in a bass distortion. It adds a little high end, but is very up front. It doesn't feel like you're using an overdrive or distortion pedal. There's no heaviness to the processed signal, no over compression, no mid hump, and most importantly; no low end loss. It's just natural. And since I'm very much a "turn up and go" kinda guy on the bass, there's no need for extra controls. One of the things my singer complains about with my guitarist is his heavy processed tone. Hopefully I can help to change that.

I think the best part of all this is nobody really noticed the change. They noticed the clipboard, and that was good for a laugh. But there was nothing about a tonal change over my other pedals. It just sounded good and I played confidently. Which is really the most important thing.

And yes, I did use the yellow side to boost the red, and get some really heavy dirt going. It was glorious.

Last edited:
Back