Zika virus.

Oh Noooooooooooooo!!!
panic0
Unrelated I'm sure, but I've been sick pretty much non-stop since freaking October. I'm about at my wits end. Aside from about a two week respite after Christmas, it's been a real fuckin' drag. I knew I would get my annual descent into horrific bronchitis in January , which I did like clockwork, but that was after having already battled it before Halloween.

Two full rounds of antibiotics, and I'm still coughing and sneezing bloody mucus. FFS.

My voice is wrecked. Actually cancelled several rehearsals and a couple of shows. I have an appointment with the Doc again on Monday that I scheduled yesterday, then I woke up today with a sore throat and a runny nose. Eyes have been ON FIRE for months now. This is bullshit.

I know I need to get in better shape, and I was hoping to start Mountain Biking again now that we live right next to one of the best trails in SoCal, but if I try it right now I'm a dead man. Did a 3 mile walk the other day (the second half of which is ALL uphill, steep ones at that), and it sucked the life out of me.

Kids keep bringing home one "bug" after another, and my immune system is so fucked, I have no chance to fight them off.

Keep your sick kids at home Gawddammitt.

I know the school cries and bitches about it because they lose money, but fuck them in their stupid fucking meathead faces. All they accomplish by forcing sick kids to attend, is create even more sick kids. Christ.

Unrelated I'm sure, but I've been sick pretty much non-stop since freaking October. I'm about at my wits end. Aside from about a two week respite after Christmas, it's been a real fuckin' drag. I knew I would get my annual descent into horrific bronchitis in January , which I did like clockwork, but that was after having already battled it before Halloween.

Two full rounds of antibiotics, and I'm still coughing and sneezing bloody mucus. FFS.

My voice is wrecked. Actually cancelled several rehearsals and a couple of shows. I have an appointment with the Doc again on Monday that I scheduled yesterday, then I woke up today with a sore throat and a runny nose. Eyes have been ON FIRE for months now. This is bullshit.

I know I need to get in better shape, and I was hoping to start Mountain Biking again now that we live right next to one of the best trails in SoCal, but if I try it right now I'm a dead man. Did a 3 mile walk the other day (the second half of which is ALL uphill, steep ones at that), and it sucked the life out of me.

Kids keep bringing home one "bug" after another, and my immune system is so fucked, I have no chance to fight them off.

Keep your sick kids at home Gawddammitt.

I know the school cries and bitches about it because they lose money, but fuck them in their stupid fucking meathead faces. All they accomplish by forcing sick kids to attend, is create even more sick kids. Christ.

home-remedies-for-high-blood-pressure-opt.jpg

Reactions: Tig
I just came from the doctors office... blood pressure was 110/70.

That is HIGH for me.

I have Addison's disease, which is an Adrenal Gland condition that causes hypothyroidism, extremely low core body temp (my average temperature is below 97), and low blood pressure.

So, it's not that I have high blood pressure, I just have a very low tolerance for stupid people and stupid shit.

Reactions: Tig
I just came from the doctors office... blood pressure was 110/70.

That is HIGH for me.

I have Addison's disease, which is an Adrenal Gland condition that causes hypothyroidism, extremely low core body temp (my average temperature is below 97), and low blood pressure.

So, it's not that I have high blood pressure, I just have a very low tolerance for stupid people and stupid shit.

It's a good thing I'm not stupid people and I don't post stupid shit or else we might not get along.

Reactions: OGG
When I went on tour outside of the country earlier this year, one of the singers (and her husband, who was supposed to do FOH) bailed a week before the tour due to the fact that they were trying to get pregnant. Then, another singer contracted it a few days into the tour and couldn't finish the trip.

An interesting proof of concept, but their mannose/pH manipulation molecules require 0.2 mg/L concentrations, which is shockingly high, and I suspect that preventing normal mannose based receptor function and endogenous endosomal pH changes in cells is going to have considerable off target toxicity. I also look at their molecule and it looks very much "non-drug like" in form (huge, lots of chiral centers, likely a p450 nightmare), so I doubt it would be usable in humans. As a final kick in the nuts, not all viruses use mannose based receptors for entry, nor do they enter via a low pH mediated fusion event, so the title of a universal antiviral is a bit misleading.

As for the FDA business, the process is very slow, but it isn't like an idea for a new drug goes to some government office where the FDA sits on it for a decade....clinical trials take an immense amount of time and money, and it is best to have a govt. agency in charge of safety and functional tests, rather than the company that wants to sell the drug (who has an obvious conflict of interest). The ten years from phase I to NDA is a very active period of intensive research. Think of it as a vigorous testing of the safety and efficacy of a drug in a broad sampling of humans rather than what happens at the DMV backroom.

When I went on tour outside of the country earlier this year, one of the singers (and her husband, who was supposed to do FOH) bailed a week before the tour due to the fact that they were trying to get pregnant. Then, another singer contracted it a few days into the tour and couldn't finish the trip.
Well, thats just dealing with singers though :embarrassed:

Accutane. Fen-phen.

HAH! the brand name for rofecoxib is a banned word on this forum?? Is "V!oxx" a curse word in some language?
I had to look that up....for a while we were being spammed by the whole online v1agra/c1alis/v1oxx thing. Banning those words cut down on the spam.

Back