You're talking to an astronaut,

Awesome. Ask him a lot of guitar in microgravity questions. He seems like a real interesting guy.

Ask him if he's got that Larrivee that was up at the ISS. Somebody's got it.

I've met many, and have talked to Fred Haise so many times we're almost on a first-name basis (he lives here, and he comes by a lot). We talk fishin'.

Reactions: Tig
Ask him if he's got that Larrivee that was up at the ISS. Somebody's got it.

I've met many, and have talked to Fred Haise so many times we're almost on a first-name basis (he lives here, and he comes by a lot). We talk fishin'.

It's still on the station. It's a permanent fixture and was already there before he went up.

I read somewhere that guys who come back from the ISS have to mentally adjust to gravity. They get used to just letting go of things and having them stay put and 'float', so when they get back to Earth, they drop a lot of stuff. Like just letting go of a coffee cup or tube of toothpaste and expecting it to float, but it falls to the ground.

This might be an interesting thing to ask about.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that guys who come back from the ISS have to mentally adjust to gravity. They get used to just letting go of things and having them stay put and 'float', so when they get back to Earth, they drop a lot of stuff. Like just letting go of a coffee cup or tube of toothpaste and expecting it to float, but it falls to the ground.
I've never been in a zero gravity environment, and yet....

Ask him how fast he can shred without gravity holding him back.

Last edited:
what do you talk about?

I may have the chance to talk with Colonel Chris Hatfield next week.

I'm not going to ask how to poop in space.
Are the McCoys a taboo topic?

Astronauts are cool.

I was at Kennedy Space Center last year with my 10 year old nephew and we did the 'Lunch with an Astronaut'. it was pretty cool.

Of course the first question asked (by a kid) was about pooping in space.

You could ask him about this -

http://www.overviewinstitute.org/fe...f-the-earth-and-what-we-all-can-learn-from-it

I went to this talk, and they showed this video. it was great. Astronauts are cool.

You get to talk to your first astronaut....he otot gets to talk to his 1 millionth goober. I'm sure he has a spiel all set.

Back