You're getting old

I already knew this but I was born on the day Helter Skelter happened. I learned that a few years ago and it has fascinated/terrified me at the same time.

Of 100,000 people born on the same day as you ~89511 are still alive ...how is that approximately :shrug:

It's approximate because they probably look at a mortality rate and multiply it out to get the number. I'm pretty sure they didn't actually count all of you old bastards that are still alive. :tongue:

Here is something that made me feel old the other day. I was sitting at a stop light when a Toyota MR-2 pulled up next to me. I remember how much fun I had driving one of my friends one in high school. the light turned green and it drove away and I saw the antique license plate on it.

Seems to me that the phrase "getting old" implies that you're not quite there yet and that worries some folks. The plus side is that once you get there you don't have to worry about getting there any longer.

Last edited:
I occasionally run into people I grew up with and think, "Wow, they sure look old", and then wonder if they are thinking the same about me! :i:

Cool site. What struck me the most was that the world population was 3.1 billion when I was born, and has more than doubled to nearly 7.3.

The other one was that the 1908 London Summer Ollympics are closer to my birthday than today. :facepalm:

Back