Your Studio size?

realtree71

I crash bikes
I'm curious the size of your studios and if your happy with the space?

I have a new space that I am considering to put a studio in, but its a pretty small compared to the space we have now..... We are currently using about 1450Sq/ft which is way more than we need.

New space is a ground up build that will be constructed properly, sound walls, quiet electrical, etc, during the build. However, the space will only be about 500Sq/ft.

Old ceiling height is just 7.5ft new ceiling height will be 12ft.

We currently have no isolation room new space will have isolation room

@El Borrachito would ha e good info on this.... I just went from 1916 sq ft of teaching studio to converting my 400 sq ft garage. I'm happy but it's not set up for recording

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My "studio" is exactly the size of my living room, which is fine, because it is my living room.

It's all I need. I live in an apartment, so I get all my amps & effects from Guitar Rig 5 ( Excellent program btw! ).

If I want anything recorded live- drums maybe eventually, I go to my uncles & his/my bandmate friends house. I keep my amps there. 3 of the 4 walls of the basement are underground slightly. It's basically a band practice room. Carpet on the walls. My uncle keeps a drumkit there, & has another one for gig use, which he keeps packed away until he needs it.

The way recording technology is these days, a studio can be literally anywhere.

Which reminds me- I need to get off my lazy ass & start recording. I've got a lot of instrumentals written. I just need to record them.

I have my basement. We re-finished it a few years back after a small flood. Fully carpeted and insulated. I used it for a rehearsal space for my last band and now it holds all my gear and recording equipment.

I believe mine is about 14' x 6' - little wider at the open end. It works well for my purposes, as I am the only one in it. :grin:

17'x24'. 10' cathedral ceiling. Bass traps and soundproofing. No isolation unless you use the small bedroom next to it.
Its more a good sounding rehearsal space that you can record in. The building doubles as a pool house/guest quarters.
IMG_0760.JPG

Pano of my studio/guitar shop it's 10x12. The 25r runs through a 4x12 under my Crate so the speaker isn't playing into my face while sitting at my boards. There are 5 amps in the picture and I can play through up to 3 at a time. The top board is tuner and dirt and bottom board is all the other effects. The bottom board is currently loading into the front of all the amps but it can separated and plugged into the effects loop. I use the effect on the stool for my drum machine and that's it.

I rent a space that serves as my rehearsal/mix room. It's 12x20, with pretty tall ceilings. It's well treated and jam-packed with gear. I actually get great drum sounds in there.

I haven't measured it but here's a couple pics for reference.

687e0a93685c03371c8894afc5ba4898.jpg

66023e29687bc1424365399f9dc1ed93.jpg

Yeah, it's a mess. Been spending the day chasing after my 1-year-old daughter.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I really like that Mic setup. With my smaller studio, that would work well. I'll have to search for one.

Edit: Found it and will order in a couple of days. That could make my studio less complicated.

Last edited:

I really like that Mic setup. With my smaller studio, that would work well. I'll have to search for one.

Edit: Found it and will order in a couple of days. That could make my studio less complicated.
If you look carefully I have a duplicate of that stashed behind my monitor. It's what we use for the radio show. I got the stands from GC and those generic pop filters off Amazon I think. The mics are MXL model 990.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Pano of my studio/guitar shop it's 10x12. The 25r runs through a 4x12 under my Crate so the speaker isn't playing into my face while sitting at my boards. There are 5 amps in the picture and I can play through up to 3 at a time. The top board is tuner and dirt and bottom board is all the other effects. The bottom board is currently loading into the front of all the amps but it can separated and plugged into the effects loop. I use the effect on the stool for my drum machine and that's it.

I thought my pedalboard was big

I already packed up my studio stuff for the move to the new house. At that new house, I will be converting one of the 30'x20' Steel outbuildings into a full fledged studio/rehearsal room. I'm planning on creating a room within a room with 2x4s and soundboard in order to quiet and tame it down. Looks like the materials will cost me about $1500 with the convoluted foam baffles and such, and will probably take several weekends to complete, but when it's done it should be amazing.

I should have an abundance of space for both a proper recording room, and a rehearsal room.

It is destined to host the very first OGGStock.

Back